The Nations Shall Know I Am Jehovah

by admirmitch 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ilnonnosa
    ilnonnosa

By Awake! of february 22, 1961 page 8:

"What day was Jesus speaking of? The beginning of World. War III? No, Zephaniah 2:3 identifies it as "the day of Jehovah's anger." Rivelation 16:16 calls it the "war of the great day of God the Almighty," Armageddon. This war will come in the twentieth century. It will come right on schdule, as have the wars, food shortages, earthquakes and other events' foretold. This generation will see its fulfillment".

Hello. Ilnonnosa

• Amelia Ashton
  • paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

I own this book. I read this post and went to retrieve it and this page (216) was bookmarked. This book was my grandma's book. She passed last august. Before she died I spoke with her about TTaT. She kept an open mind and listened. I believe when she died she knew it was all a lie. I firmly think my grandparents hung around as long as they did because of ' This generation shall not pass ' bullshit. They were convinced they would see the great tribulation I believe. What a pathetic cult. peaceall Eric

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I firmly think my grandparents hung around as long as they did because of ' This generation shall not pass ' bullshit. They were convinced they would see the great tribulation I believe.

That is so sad.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That was the bookstudy book when my father dragged us into the cult. I remember the rather frightening imagery of the men with smashing instruments following up the man with the writer's ink horn. Their job was to brain everyone without a mark on their forehead. Such a loving god.

• Heaven
    Heaven

El... also known as Yahweh... also known as Jehovah.

Exodus 15:3: The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is his name! - New Living Translation

Exodus 15:3: Jehovah is a man of war: Jehovah is his name. - American Standard Version

Exodus 15:3: Jehovah is a man of war; Jehovah, his name. - Darby Bible Translation

Exodus 15:3: Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name. - World English Bible

Exodus 15:3: Jehovah is a man of battle; Jehovah is His name. - Young's Literal Translation

This El/Yahweh/Jehovah entity sounds like a real dick to me. I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would want to worship a god of war.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit