christian conscience

by alfredjones100 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

i have a question i'd like to ask long time witnesses and hopefully get serious answers ... if there is one.

can anyone tell me any area of life that active witnesses are totally free to use their own christian conscience on a matter?

(for example, one that has not been commented on by wt articals)

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

There is no area of life that the wts doesn't poke its evil nose into.

An issue might be a "conscience matter" but everyone is aware of the subtext and knows how the wts expects them to act.

• Perry
    Perry
    can anyone tell me any area of life that active witnesses are totally free to use their own christian conscience on a matter?

There are no articles relating to which alcoholic beverages to select from.

Apparently one is as appropriate as the other ..... in moderation of course

• Fernando
    Fernando

Apparently they can drink water from a tap and eat red meat without consulting the Watchtower.

Provided they are married, and only engage in missionary position intercourse, they are also free to use their Christian Conscience in matters related to sex.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Which candy I can eat. No, seriously. They control every aspect of JW life. Even in the bedroom!

• Terry
    Terry

The word CONSCIENCE is, among Jehovah's Witnesses, the most troubling disinformation published.

There actually is no such thing.

Around 1969 I gave a public talk in the Kingdom Hall using the Society's outline (of course) and that's where I had a moment's pause to reflect.

The Watchtower version of conscience amounts to being INDOCTRINATED and then, NOT thinking for yourself.

Instead of reflecting on personal survival, family welfare, creature needs and the implied duty of husband, father, wife, motherhood, etc--JW's must sacrifice their well-being in service to religion. Anything else is disloyal and sinful selfish concern!

The Governing Body would actually prefer it if JW's had no free time, entertainment, hobbies, opinions or me-time at all.

There are no individuals permitted to exist.

No real conscience can find a home in a mere plug-in true-believer.

• clarity
    clarity

Well, the good news is that it is up to our conscience

which toilet paper we may use ........................

>

The bad news ...is that we can only use one piece!

clarity

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My Bible-trained conscience led me to walk away from the WT. Somebody with "their own christian conscience" cannot remain in such a group.

Even if there are areas of decision that they have not pontificated upon the mind control says to think "How would the WT/FDS view this ?" so no one in the group actually has their own conscience.

• BU2B
    BU2B

They like to say "get a Bible trained" conscience. This really means, read the WT to do what the GB would do in a given situation, and if you dont, feel guilt afterwards. As an example, using a "bible trained conscience" most would read the account of Jesus saying how even David ate the loaves that it was lawful only for priests to eat and gave it to his men to eat and this was ok to sustain life in a dire situation. Afterwards how would someone using their own conscience apply this to the blood issue? Enough said

• just Ron
    just Ron

You are free to choose.....nothing. Because no matter what the issue is, your choice could stumble someone, somewhere. Witnesses have absolutely no freedom of conscience in any matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit