Project: I need help finding Watchtowers that show hate, prejudice, and name-calling.

by Emery 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

I know there are a lot of examples to choose from but I want to find WT references that are the most blatant. The printed evidence can be a great resource to all, including JW lurkers who fact-check.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Go to Jwfacts.com to find out some info about prejudice.

NJY

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WT 92 7/15 pg 12-13 pp19 "The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: 'Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.' (Psalm 139:21, 22) Modern-day apostates have made common cause with 'the man of lawlessness,' the clergy of Christendom. (2 Thessalonians 2:3) As loyal Witnesses of Jehovah, we therefore have absolutely nothing in common with them. Being imperfect, our hearts could easily have a tendency toward being critical of our brothers. As individuals, those of 'the faithful and discreet slave' are imperfect humans. (Matthew 24:45-47) But this class is faithful and discreet. Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is.—Romans 16:17, 18." -

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

. Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are "mentally diseased," and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim. 6:3, 4) Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them. We know what he means, but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?

7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs. Why do we take such a firm stand? Because of love. We love "the God of truth," so we are not interested in twisted teachings that contradict his Word of truth

*** WATCHTOWER 11 7/15 pp. 15-19 Will You Heed Jehovah's Clear Warnings

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

From the July 15. 2011 Watchtower:

"Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim. 6:3, Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them. We know what he means, but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?"

• 88JM
    88JM

I know you're probably looking for recent stuff, but you will find a lot in the letters about the Jews that J. F. Rutherford sent to Adolf Hitler. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/hitler-nazi.php

Don't forget the Awake article from the 1977 that talked about "the body odor of blacks". http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/222181/1/WARNING-Extremely-disturbing-and-racist-Awake-magazine-October-8-1977

• cedars
    cedars

Here are a few links...

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/apostates.php

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/secrecy-and-deception-watchtower-fights-dirty-in-its-war-against-apostates

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/apostate.html

Cedars

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The United Nations Commission on Human Rights, considers the recanting of a person's religion

a human right legally protected by the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights:

The Committee observes that the freedom to 'have or to adopt' a religion or belief

necessarily entails the freedom to choose a religion or belief, including the right to replace one's current religion or belief with another or to adopt atheistic views

[...] Article 18.2[5] bars coercion that would impair the right to have or adopt a religion or belief,

including the use of threat of physical force or penal sanctions to compel believers or non-believers

to adhere to their religious beliefs and congregations, to recant their religion or belief or to convert.[6]

Penal Sanctions(shunning) ORIGIN late Middle English: from Old French penal, from Latin poenalis, from poena ‘pain, penalty.’

• jgnat
    jgnat

I thought I'd limit myself to more recent quotes, listed below. It might not hurt to do a word search for such terms as "homosexual", "babylon the great", and "unbeliever".

Firmly Uphold Godly Teaching

10 The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.” (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!—Proverbs 22:3. Watchtower May 1, 2000 p. 10

Is Bible Morality the Best?

Think of how much everyone would benefit if there were no abandoned mates, divorce courts, or child-custody cases. And what if there were no more pickpockets, shoplifters, embezzlers, corrupt officials, or fraudulent scientists? Does that sound like a mere dream? Not to those who take a keen interest in the Bible and what it says about our future. God’s Word promises that Jehovah’s Messianic Kingdom will soon take over the governing of all human society on earth. Under that Kingdom all its subjects will be taught to live in accordance with Bible morals. At that time, “the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”—Psalm 37:29. Watchtower November 1, 2000 p. 6-7

Let Us Abhor What Is Wicked

Lovingly, Jehovah laid down detailed laws so that the nation of Israel could identify and avoid wrongdoing. (Romans 7:7, 12) These laws included strict guidelines on morality. Adultery, homosexual acts, incestuous relationships, and bestiality were all identified as unholy spiritual pollutants. (Leviticus 18:23; 20:10-17) Those guilty of such degraded acts were cut off from the nation of Israel.

When the congregation of anointed Christians became “the Israel of God,” similar moral standards were laid down for them. (Galatians 6:16) Christians too were to “abhor what is wicked.” (Romans 12:9) Jehovah’s words to Israel also applied to them: “You must be holy, because I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:15, 16) Such unholy practices as fornication, adultery, homosexual acts, bestiality, and incest were not to corrupt the Christian congregation. Those refusing to stop engaging in such things would be excluded from God’s Kingdom. (Romans 1:26, 27; 2:22; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; Hebrews 13:4) In these “last days,” the same standards apply to the “other sheep.” Watchtower January 1, 1997 p. 26

• Emery
    Emery

thanks to sd-7,

(Disfellowshipped persons)

"Such an indiviual had no place in the clean organization or congregation of God. He should go back to the wicked group that he once came from and die with that wicked group with Satan's Organization."

- March 1, 1952 WT page 134, paragraph 8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit