Crazy Religions

by Qcmbr 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Hi Parakeet, I'll look it up ( no time now , about to watch a film with family) but it was pretty traumatic experience which I am still exploring as I try to discover why I was able to believe like some of our board members despite reality staring me in the face every waking hour. It was not easy admitting to the board my awakening and I did contemplate never posting again in shame :)

• tec
    tec

I agree with the idea that religions can be viewed as crazy but when stepping back we can see that lots of religions have equally unfounded and bizarre behaviours. In addition to this I agree with the article's author that crazy behaviour is also seen in wider society such as in clothing.

I understand what the author and you are stating. I must disagree on the generalizations being presented, and the blanket statement. I understand that you disagree with me. No problem there.

As for discipleship I think you are being deliberately naive which leaves you either in the camp of being slightly devious or if you genuinely think posting an article is enough to denote discipleship then you aren't as on the ball as I give you credit for.

I am not being naive.

I am being puposely ridiculous in the effort of showing how ridiculous your same attitude and judgment is of me. Whether that gets through or not is not on me.

I do think your support of AG which has moved beyond simple sympathy now to the stage where you are getting divine messages of support for her

I did not get a divine message to support her.

I supported the understanding that she shared on the board. An understanding that I also share... that i would have with or without Aguest, because I follow Christ with or without Aguest... or anyone else for that matter.

and of which you need to testify as a witness does place you into a disciple relationship.

Agreeing with what someone has shared, because you also share that understanding... does not make one a disciple of another. It can make both of those people, however, disciples of the same Spirit.

That is the truth of the matter that you cannot receive.

Refusing to state that my spirit agrees with something shared from another who follows the same Christ and Spirit who I follow... would be allowing fear of the accusations and/or mockery that will come from some people (like what you did) to rule what i say and how I say it. I refuse to allow THAT.

This is only a bad thing if you don't want to be her disciple.

It would be a bad thing, so I would not want it, and I would not do it. I follow Christ. Not Aguest. Not religion or mormonism, or the wts, or the RCC, or Luther or Calvin, or Paul or Peter or anyone else you must think to suggest.

Peace,

tammy

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

tec: " Agreeing with what someone has shared, because you also share that understanding... does not make one a disciple of another. It can make both of those people, however, disciples of the same Spirit. "

I agree with the calendar that today is Friday. Are the calendar and I disciples of the Spirit of Timekeeping?

I agree with my husband that my older sister is a bitch. Does that make us disciples of the Spirit of Crappy Siblings?

Please define your terms precisely, in this case, "disciple" and "Spirit." You make yourself sound uneducated.

• cofty
    cofty
    I follow Christ. Not Aguest. - Tammy

In the same way that any JW would say, "we worship Jehovah not the "Governing Body".

The evidence of your willingness to applaud any amount of nonsense suggests otherwise.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Qcmbr: " It was not easy admitting to the board my awakening and I did contemplate never posting again in shame :) "

There's nothing to be ashamed of. Have we ever ridiculed newbies for leaving the dubs? Nearly all of us have been where you were (different religions; same lunacy).

I greatly admire your strength in leaving. It's never easy.

• Tater-T
  • tec
    tec

I agree with the calendar that today is Friday. Are the calendar and I disciples of the Spirit of Timekeeping?

I agree with my husband that my older sister is a bitch. Does that make us disciples of the Spirit of Crappy Siblings?

Please define your terms precisely, in this case, "disciple" and "Spirit." You make yourself sound uneducated.

It was not me that began this accusation of discipleship, parakeet. I was simply trying to point out the absurdity of calling me someone's disciple because i agree with something they share. Your words above would be better applied to the one who began doing that to me.

I do apologize to you though, because there is no way for you to have known what prompted my response to Q. But he knows.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Nobody is concerned that you agree with something Shelby said.

When somebody agrees with everything another person says there is cause for concern. When a lot of what a person says is stark raving bonkers and yet somebody applauds every word of it unthinkingly then it is reasonable to conclude we are seeing discipleship in action.

• heathen
    heathen

I think that's what part of being a Jdub was all about , looking at religions in a critical way , In alot of cultures relion is forced on people , believe or die , the muslims are good with that and the catholics had a whale of a time with it back in the dark ages . Now if we can just get the ,"jews", to accept palestinians as equals we might end decades of conflict ... I had to agree tho that atheism is as dogmatic as any cult group but at least in the free world they aren't persecuting or enslaving anyone , there were countries that banned religion such as the USSR and china which would give them a bad name as well

• cofty
    cofty
    I had to agree tho that atheism is as dogmatic as any cult group - Heathen

How can somebodies lack of belief in the supernatural be as dogmatic as a cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit