Petra/Vulcan/-Just coffee talk!

by Atlantis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I thought I might take a few minutes to sit down with the members here and have a cup of coffee with you, and introduce myself and my daughter Debbie (Petra), and I am John posting as (Vulcan). Now I can't type worth anything so thats why I have Petra do it. - We would like to thank Mr. Simon for his hospitality and if it is easier for us to post using the login Atlantis uses, then that is ok! There are 4 of us here using the same computer and it might be easier that way to keep track. As long as Mr. Simon knows who we are and our purpose. - Atlantis is getting up in years and he has hopes Petra and I will continue where he and Nevada leave off. Speaking of years! - When I see a lady named "Mouthy" posting at the age of 86 I have to admit that she is a real inspiration. So Miss Mouthy! I tip my hat to you in honor! I guess there is hope for me after all! We need more like you here. - I didn't get my screen-name from Startrek or from Spock, I got it from the "Vulcan" motorcycle because I love motorcycles. - http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/kawasaki/2012-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-classic-ar121161/picture429361.html - Petra got her screen-name from this place: http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/archaeology/lost-city-petra/ - OK, I am not going to have a post that is long and drawn out. So briefly: - When Petra's mother died from breast cancer, Nevada gave Petra child care and became 2nd mom for her. I wanted to pay Nevada and Atlantis in some way, so I took care of their auto needs. Most of the time it was only changing the oil and minor repairs. I am a mechanic by trade. - I always thought that a girl should be able to decide for herself the way she wears her hair. - But the elders thought otherwise! The elders pulled my daughter from the Kingdom Hall crowd, and took her to the counsel room, and told her she needed to cut her hair because she was bringing to much attention to herself. - And they did this WITHOUT MY CONSENT! That was the end of the Line!!! No more Watchtower organization for me or my daughter. There was just to much hypocrisy going on. - The gossip and back-stabbing to be popular in the congregation was just to much. The elders had the nerve to counsel my daughter, when their own daughters were wearing spaghetti-string dresses that were so tight that when they bent over to pick up their purses,....well the mystery was over! - The google picture below shows exactly what Petra's hair looks like with braids and all. Nevada still braids her hair this way. And now that Petra is 16, when she sits down she is actually sitting on her hair. - When Petra's mother was alive she wanted our daughter to have long beautiful hair, and sometimes I think Petra has her hair long to honor her mothers memory. - - - I do not approve of elders or anyone else thinking that they have the right to take minors into a room and counsel them without the parents permission. I personally think that doing something like that is illegal. Petra was never baptized and therefore not a JW technically, so what right did they have? - The work you members do here is priceless! Any pointers you can help me learn will be most welcome. I thank you for doing the work you do when you all have so many responsibilities of your own to contend with. - OK, that is all for now. Everybody have a good day and we will have coffee again sometime! - Petra/Vulcan

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That is an incredible hairdo a work of art

I like it

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you nancy drew. I have to admit, when Nevada starts flipping hair every which direction with those little sticks she uses, Atlantis and I just get the heck out of there. We go out to the Bar-B-Que grill where its safe!

Vulcan

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Petra and Vulcan! Love your hair, Petra!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Your hair is a work of art, Petra. No wonder the elders didn't like it - that religion hates anything creative or artistic!

• Mum
    Mum

Apparently, hair style is more important than child molestation. What a bunch of bat crap crazy weirdos!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you jgnat. When Petra gets home from school she and nevada could tell you more about all that hair stuff. If anyone needs to write to us just write to Atlantis email and we will get it here. I don't see any new confidential materials, and I am going to need to get back to the shop. As soon as new files come in one of us will get it to you.

Vulcan

• Bella15
    Bella15

"When Petra's mother was alive she wanted our daughter to have long beautiful hair, and sometimes I think Petra has her hair long to honor her mothers memory." This is so sweet ... Greeetigs to you all ...

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

There must be a scripture forbidding a pretty girl to have spectacular hair. Where is that scripture, where is it?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Beautiful hair and she is honoring her mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit