Two questions for you.

by AMO 9 Replies latest jw friends

• AMO
    AMO

Jonno12225 posted earlier that God was resposable for some 25 million deaths of men women children and babys in the bible.

My first question is how many innocent deaths is satan responsible for, in the bible ?.

My second question is in Genisis 8 21 God said "never again shall i call down evil upon the ground on mans account".

Seems to me this god is capable of great Evil, by his own admission, blatantly lies, (whats this big A all about) and is sooooo hypocritical, what makes some one devote there whole life to such a God ?????.

From the outside looking in.

AMO

• Gopher
    Gopher

What makes some one devote there whole life to such a God?

I can think of a couple of things. First is cultural or family tradition. Religion is just a way of life among some cultural/family groups. Secondly, the family or religion presents them a filtered view of the Bible, showing the love-and-rainbows part to them but filtering out the really objectionable behavior of the Hebrew God and the God of the book of Revelation.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I feel like I'm so outside of all of these boxes. :(

I need to keep reading. This is my marking for later.

• tec
    tec

Some people see God through Christ... rather than the bible or religion or various interpretations and misinterpretations/misunderstandings.

But through Christ alone... since Christ is the Image, Truth, and Word of God. Nothing and no one else.

Peace,

tammy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I dont think the satan character is responsible for any other than Jobs children according the bable

oz

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    My first question is how many innocent deaths is satan responsible for, in the bible ?.

This is a very common question: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/191659/1/Who-killed-more-people-in-the-bible-God-vs-Satan

what makes some one devote there whole life to such a God ?????.

Mainly ignorance of Biblegod's atrocities, I guess; and since many Witnesses come from families that are dysfunctional in some way they probably don't expect much justice or kindness from authority figures.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

1) I don't know.

2) I think in God's righteousness he deals with sin and makes life possible for all and therefore is worthy of worship.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Neither god nor Satan exist. So, obviously, they aren't responsible for any deaths.

However, fanatical humans who think that god and Satan exist, are responsible for billions of deaths.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Neither god nor Satan exist. So, obviously, they aren't responsible for any deaths.

However, fanatical humans who think that god and Satan exist, are responsible for billions of deaths.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Satan made God kill millions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit