Question about Jesus and Armageddon

by TheStumbler 15 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

In your dreams, Perry.

Here's a quote from Reader's Digest Mysteries of The Bible (1988):

Some 20th-century writers, perhaps influenced by modern theories of psychology, have not been kind to the prophet Ezekiel. They tend to attribute his strange visions and erratic activities to personality disorders or medical problems. Among their diagnoses are paranoid schizophrenia, including delusions of grandeur and persecution, and cataleptic fits.

Was the man who produced such extraordinary descriptions a religious genius or an unbalanced fanatic? To a great extent the answer depends on the reader's assumptions about the reality or illusion of a world of the spirit apart from our world of the everyday.

In other words... he was a nutter.

• mP
    mP

Perry: So what happened to Ezekiels prophecy about Tyre being destroyed forever ?

• Perry
    Perry

You tell me.

• designs
    designs

'From the sky fell huge hailstones of about one hundred pounds each upon the men' Rev.16:21. Lovely little wintertime scene from ol Jesus.

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

sorry for the slow reply.

Thanks for the reading recommendations. My JW family member recommended that I read Revelation Grand Climax which I agreed to do on the condition that he read a book recommended by me (will either be Gentile Time Reconsidered or Crisis of Conscience).

Are there are more recent Watchtower publications describing God's armies coming down to kill any surviving non JWs.

And thanks for the Ezekiel 38:18-39:6 and Revelation 19:11-21 references. I will check these out. My JW relative often says 'I'm don't care what the Watchtower says, I'm more interested in what the Bible says'.

Although when I ask him what does the Watchtower say that is different to or contradicts the bible (making the point that to JWs the Bible and Watchtower are in effect the same - the Bible is defined by the Watchtower) I get no response.

• designs
    designs

The Wt. puts to blame on humans for dying at Armageddon like many Christian groups place the blame on humans for ending up in hell. Twisted logic at its finest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit