I didn't go!

by artful 4 Replies latest jw friends

• artful
    artful

Well, for the first time in 30 years I didn't go to the memorial.

It's actually a given me a great sense of relief!

I hope that this is beginning of a long and happy relationship with God!

Up until this past year I wasn't even sure if he existed. Maybe I have finally found some peace with it all...I hope so.

I would like to wish everyone a very happy weekend.
    Thank you friends for all of your support (whether you realize it or not, many of you on this board have been a great support to me).

thank you all
    cheers
    artful

• dmouse
    dmouse

Me neither.

Well, you certainly dodged that one, Artful, congrats!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

artful, I got dressed to go but I left late. By the time I got there it was late and the parking lot was full since other congregations were also sharing the hall.

Personally, I just watched the friends going in and out of their cars and carrying their briefcases. I noticed a number of volunteers directing the traffic, hmmm, while they conveniently missed out on the memorial service. So, I too did not attend.

Guest 77

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Artful.
    For 30 years youve been going celebrating the memorial in reverence to a God you werent even "sure existed'.
    Oh man! What a waste eh?

• JAVA
    JAVA

artful - someone started another thread about Memorial no-shows. Like you, many didn't make it to the wine and bread show. I would rather take the garbage out than attend a KH service. It's been over 15 years since my last visit, and still remember it as a total waste of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit