Curious About My Disfellowshipping.

by vajeni82 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Vajeni82, welcome!

I had only been out of the battered women's shelter for a few days when the elders came to visit. They knocked on the door and then moved so I couldn't see them through the peephole. When I opened the door they said they need to speak to me and gave me a time to meet them at the KH

This is just shocking. And this is the religion that claims it can be identified by the "love among them". . .

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think it would be interesting for you to find out, but it wont change anything.

You could have been accused of apostasy or adultery by the husband and father, you were not on hand to make a defence, held as guilty in absence, guilt by not turning up... they do this because they are a kangaroo court, a law unto themselves.

Oz

• krejames
    krejames

It's definitely worth asking for your records. Not sure if you're in the UK but if you are, you need to make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998. They then have to provide you with a copy of all of your personal information that they held at the time they received your request. If they destroy any after receiving your request it is a criminal offence. They can charge you £10.

(Don't get mixed up with the Freedom of Information Act - that Act only applies to public authorities and doesn't include the right of access to your own personal information - it's just a means to request access to any records held by a public authority or government department relating to its activities).

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Another round of thanks for the insight. To clear things up, I am in the United States. Freedom of Info here seems to be different than in the U.K.. I may just see if I can get someone to call and "inquire" on my behalf. The only problem is, my parents will hear about it & I don't want them assume for an instant that I am in any way interested in going back! Of course, I could maybe just tell them I needed to know for my official apostate sign up!

@ Cold Steel- I completely agree with everything you say. Those clowns have no authority over me or anyone else. That's honestly why I had no interest if really going to the JC meething in the first place. I was so over they way I was treated and ignored before the separation. That alone was enough to make me want out. Add that to the fact that I didn't believe the BS they were spewing from the stage & I was done. I'm just glad to no longer be associated with such a group of idiots. However, the curiosity is still there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit