Whats your opinion of the WTS. apologizing now for its past wrongful teachings ?

by Finkelstein 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Something happened recently by the WTS. that doesn't rarely often and that is the WTS. and its

executive editors apologizing for the organization's past mistakes and proclamations.

Has the open available exposure of the organization's past history, place a bug in the conscience

of some of the people running the organization ?

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

What? Where? When?! Please could you direct me to where they have published an actual apology? Thank you, much appreciated x

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't think it was much of an apology. It was more of an explanation. And I believe it was written with the sole purpose of disarming those that come to them with their history in hat. During my fade, the "apology" has been brought up to me 2wice.

I then ask if they should wait for the apology for our policies not protecting children, or the policies resulting in death because of wrong information on blood.......or if I should just not do what I think is wrong.

Usually shuts it down.

• cedars
    cedars

Hasn't happened.

If you're referring to that paragraph about failed predictions in a recent public Watchtower, you'll notice on closer examination that it's more of an excuse than an apology.

Also, apologies mean nothing unless you are willing to make recompense for the damage done, or at least stop making the same mistake.

Cedars

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It was in a recent Watchtower or Awake.

I'll try and look it up, for people that haven't seen or read it yet.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Could you post it if you have it or know where its located Cedars ?

• cedars
    cedars

I will happily post it once you admit that it isn't an apology!!

Cedars

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I get your point about apologizing, lets revert the tittle to admitting their mistakes.

Either way it was a deliberate white washing in their intent.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

deliberate white washing is a chasm away from apology.

I think it was to have plausible denyability when someone points out they have never admitted their past mistakes. I really believe it was put there softly to attempt to disarm anyone who actually looks up the wacky history.

• cedars
    cedars

Here it is, taken from page 8 of the January 1st 2013 Watchtower...

apology?

Note that...

• No "apology" is given. The box merely acknowledges that "Jehovah's Witnesses have had wrong expectations about when the end would come."
    • No promise is made to stop making wrong predictions.
    • No offer is made to try and fix the damage caused by past wrong predictions - i.e. people being shunned for being "apostate" because they didn't agree with them at the time.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit