A Taxi Driver Gave Me 4 Magazines This Morning

by Tempest in a Teacup 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

As we had reached my destination, I paid him and was getting down when he handed me something. Then I saw it was the WT and Awake. I just had the time to say: "Oh, okay, thank you!" before he drove off. Without uttering a single word. The whole time he never even looked at my face.

A quick look at his dashboard and I noticed he had quite a tall stack for the day.lol

When I had the things in hand they felt quite thick; I opened them and realized that he actually gave me 4: 2 awakes and 2 WT at a go. Someone's gonna report sharing many many magazines this month. Ha!

Later, I thought to myself that all along during the ride he could have given them to me. I guess he wasn't in the mood to take any question or entertain any discussion. It happens bro!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Silent Witness!
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    The Searcher: Yep! These mags speak for themselves don't they?
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Perhaps the company he drives for would like to know he is proselytizing while working....
  • carla
    carla
    I agree with Morpheus!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Any thing to rack up numbers on a report Just like jesus
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    Morpheus Perhaps the company he drives for would like to know he is proselytizing while working....
    No way, Morpheus. Where I live, taxis are freelance. People own and drive their taxis themselves or give out to a driver. Company taxis are non existent.

freemindfade Any thing to rack up numbers on a report Just like jesus

Jesus talked! lol

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    4 additional placements for the month. He probably counted your total time in his taxi a time for the month. Going through the motions. Sad. No substance whatsoever. Typical JW.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Ahh gotcha. Around here there are some free lance but the vast majority are run by a company. Oh well just a thought
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    ToesUp He probably counted your total time in his taxi a time for the month.

I thought the same thing! But I forgot to say it in my OP.
    Also given the stack of mags (at least 50-70 in there) he had on his board, he's gonna do the same thing to other clients and count the time he's driving his taxi as FS time.
    I may be wrong, but looking at how it went, I extra sure of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit