$10 M NEW Assembly Hall in South Carolina

by truthlover 10 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

Does anyone know if regular KH were sold with monies sent to the society in the area as well as in other close states?

Did the elders ask for pubs to donate towards the building of this new assembly hall and is it to be used for weekly meetings? I note it is to be used for 40 2- day assemblies per year but throughout the week would it stand vacant or be used by congregation meetings?

I would assume also that there will be a donation arrangement made by way of the quick cash banking machines directly in the front entrance???

If the regular KH were sold off, that would demand the publishers would have to start driving longer distances to get to a meeting...and this with the price of gas going through the roof, which is why they stopped the home bible studies, eh!

They are saying it would bring in revenues of 264 million in 5 years with average of the 160,000 visitors per year each spending $66.00 per day?? Where will they eat if a two day - they would be bringing their own food and drink mostly, may go out for one meal, so no taxes appreciating from that source... says they will will bring in new const jobs and long term sustainable jobs prior to being built... Well, who built it -- volunteers from the org! so no real worldly contractor had a chance to make any money, other than lumber and some materials.

I could go on but I was really interested in knowing if there was a massive sell off of KH in SC, NC, etc?

Thanks

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm not sure but if it is anything like when they renovated the assembly hall in my area, then they probably didn't sell anything off.

When we renovated the assembly hall that I used to go to, it was essentially becoming a new assembly hall. Everything was torn out and replaced. It cost several million dollars. They didn't sell anything. If I recall correctly from the original talk about their plans for renovating, they took out a loan from the Society and had the brothers and sisters from all over who were going to use the assembly hall pledge to donate a certain amount of money per month to cover it. Are there other people here who went to the Coraopolis, PA assembly hall who can confirm if what I said was accurate or not?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Why the need to build more and more if the "End is coming soon!"? What they preach and how they act are two-faced, they act like a military stratagist setting the ground-work for a decades to centuries long siege.

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

In which SC city is this new Assembly Hall?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't care if people have to get into debt (which I think the washtowel slaveholdery is working with the banks toward global enslavement, now) to save themselves a little. Banks, religions, and big companies all work with the government to ensure your enslavement--and that is just as true with that "politically neutral" religion as with the cat lick church. So they save themselves a little and generate expenses for the members, while urging them to get into debt with their bank buddies (working for the same filthy angels on the same enslavement project). This higher gas usage is just one of those expenses. Guilt is used to get people to waste extra gas (and get more debt); if you cut back on Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund donations to avoid this extra debt, they use more guilt and sometimes extortion.

And they use these massive projects to distract people from what is really going on. Build something that looks nice but is used for nefarious purposes (and is crap under the skin), put an inflated price tag on it, and make people fill out pledge forms to pay for it. These pledge forms are enforced with guilt and the threat of joke-hova's disapproval and your resultant being destroyed. This creates another expense toward getting you into debt (the real agenda of the angels), while the extra gas expense creates still more expense. It helps if they can save themselves money in the process--which is another issue that distracts people from the real agenda of creating debt for the masses.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

WT Wizard, who or what is paying for these new halls? Donations are down throughout the United States as friends are getting tired of the broken record "The End is around the bend!". We are 99 years closer to the New System, next year will be 100 years closer? The Organization is telling the friends to stop any unnecessary debt that will distract your Theocratic Goals while burdening the Flock with more buildings and debt.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm unaware of any "sell-off" of Kingdom Halls, "massive" or otherwise.

The money came from contributions from several hundred congregations. There was to be a "special box" in each Kingdom Hall that would hold contributions made by publishers. Then, once a month, all such contributions were forwarded to teh Assembly Hall building fund.

It cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million, yes. But a lot of wealthy JWs (there are plenty - not all are window washers or janitors) contributed big sums out of their own pockets - likely earning some sort of perk along the way.

• Emery
    Emery

A friend (who is a commerical contractor) told me that there is no way that building cost 10 million dollars to build. He said labor alone is normally the most expensive in construction, materials alone should have cost somewhere around 1-3 million.

Also, I know for a fact all the concrete poured in that assembly hall was performed and supplied for free by a very wealthy JW who owns a concrete company. So rule that cost out of the equation.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah they are discussing what they believe it to be "worth", not the actual cost.

Something is always off there. When i see the "cost" of the local KH's, I know it can't be the actual numbers. with food,a nd labor provided by the loacals at their expense, the only REAL tangible cost is that of materials.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^^and permits/inspections.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit