WT wisdom - Same sex attraction does not mean you are gay

by irondork 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Eustace
    Eustace

I used to think I could be accepted

You could've been, just follow these two simple steps:

1. Don't get baptized.

2. Direct a kiss ass documentary about the Witnesses called Knocking.

• Eustace
    Eustace

When heterosexuals "flee from fornication", they are still free to experience the full range of sexual expression with their mate.

If they're married.

Lots of young heterosexual JWs can't get married because they're too busy pioneering to support a family. Plus there's the issue of divorce deterring potential mates from getting married to you, the pressure to only "marry in the lord" even if there isn't anyone in the JWs who's right for you, etc.

• irondork
    irondork

Eustace: As for whether he also found a sexual outlet with that male friend, I would ask why we would think that likely given his extravagant heterosexual energies, (energies that led him to have Uriah killed).

I agree, Eustace. Inasmuch as I believe the bible does not condemn homosexual relationships, attempting to assign homosexual orientations to bible characters, where such an orientation is not explicit, is, in my opinion, grasping.

I don't need a gay apostle in order to be comfortable in my own skin.

• irondork
    irondork

Eustace: Lots of young heterosexual JWs can't get married because they're too busy pioneering to support a family. Plus there's the issue of divorce deterring potential mates from getting married to you, the pressure to only "marry in the lord" even if there isn't anyone in the JWs who's right for you, etc.

Being too busy to get married is a lifestyle choice. The nability to find a mate can hardly be held up in comparrison to being denied the right to take a mate. You have listed potential problems that might make getting married difficult. That is comes nowhere near what gay people in the organization are facing - a hands down, rip-your-nuts-off denial of ever, EVER having a mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit