If The Watch Tower Society Was Your Real Mother and Father, Would You Want To Live At Home?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The restrictive life style Watch Tower Society puts on its members is smothering. The ones who stay living with "Mom" and "Dad" must obey their rules. Talk about dysfunctional, overbearing parents with impossible ideals for their child.

Bethelites = Live at home with Mother & Father. Clean our house, cook our meals. Work for your father's company for free. Oh, but we will give you pocket change. When we decide you are costing us money, we will throw you out. No questions, asked.

Elders = You will keep your hair trimmed and worn the way we say. You will dress, as we tell you to dress. If you have a car , it must be 4 door.

DO = You have many perks and can, more or less do what you want to do. But...only if you keep your Brothers in line! Do you hear us?!

CO = When they get pushed around by their big brothers, the DO's, their only recourse is to push back in their frustrations, on down the line to their little Bros in the congregations.

Single Pioneers/Old single Sister Missionary = You will continue to obey our rules. Dress modestly, live your life chaste. You will continue to work for your Father's company for free. If you do not wish to do this, we will throw you out, without a penny to your name.

Our dear little Children = You will attend meetings, even if you should be in bed, or doing your homework. You will listen to these meetings, even though they are not age appropriate. You will comment and or give talks at these meetings. You will be spanked and or pinched at said meeting. If you are not commenting, you must sit still and be quiet. Mother has spoken.

Teenagers = You are not allowed normal freedom. We want total control. We do not want to lose our control. Obey us now!

Older teenagers = You are not allowed any personal freedom of expression. Not allowed. Sexual feelings. We don't have any so you can't have any either.

Higher Education = We are not educated, so neither can you be.

Did you really think we want you to grow up and have a life? How cruel that would be to your Mother and I . Did we not create you? Give you birth? You owe us, big time.

Have you got your survival pack ready? After all, we trained you to be afraid of everybody but us. Haven't we told you always, bad things are happening. The world is big, bad and scary. That is why you need to stay and work for us.

What do you get out of this?

You get our smile of approval.

That's a good boy.

Just Lois

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Lois Lane you said it so well. When I read your title first thought No WAy I enjoy being out from their thumb. I asked a long time friend yesterday that now we know we are not living forever do we need to worry about hell. His answer we are alreadt in hell but it is mire fun then waiting to live forever Gma-tired 2

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Well said. The WT "mother" is a terrible parent indeed.

One of the big reasons I left it was because of all the restrictions on my kids. For instance, my daughter is an artist and has loved to draw since she was about 4. (she is 20 now) When she was 10 I signed her up for a local art class for kids but it was on Saturdays. We went out in FS but cut it short to drop her off for her little class. And you would have thought she committed murder the way the "sisters and brothers" in the hall acted. We were quickly labled as being lenient parents and not putting Jehovah first.

Next thing I know the elders talk to my hubby and he DEMANDS she quit and not take any more classes. My daughter was crying terribly and we got into a HUGE fight over it. And I told him "over my dead body will she give up her lessons" Within the year my kids and I were out of the WT, hubby didn't like going it alone so he up and quit too.

But I remember parents making sure a big deal out of normal kids stuff and beating the tar out of those poor little kids. I remember thinking to myself how I went to catholic bible school and had so much fun, listening to stories about Jesus and how he is love, and drawing pics. Not one kid ever got spanked in my bible school. What a diff in the KH.

Why the hell would any kid want to grow up and stay a JW???

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Unfortunately for JW Kids..

The WBT$ does live in your house..

Mom and Dad don`t make a single decision with out them..

It would be nice to have an Adult in the House..

It was a relief to leave..

................................. mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

LoveLil>>>>>Wow. What a great success story. Because you stood up for your daughter to continue in her Sat. AM art lessons, within the year, you were all out of the JW's. What a happy story! Thank you.

Just Lois

• never a jw
    never a jw

If the Watchtower were my mother/father I would make myself an orphan within a day.

• Ding
    Ding

Even more authoritarian than controlling parents, the WTS controls JWs from inside their own heads through the constant guilt and fear they constantly program in.

Ding>>>>>Agreed.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit