WT 5-15-13 Can anyone find this quote from the Boston Target ?

by trujw 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

14 YEARS OLD!!! Wow, that is really sad. They really have nothing new, just the endless waiting for the big A.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

hey, at least thats a quote, did you read that part about the "bus driver" that because a jw paid their fare, they could "tell" they she was a JW because "JW's are honest in ALL things" LOL!! thats the most made up BS i ever heard.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Everytime the WTS quotes religious sources they are, according to their own definition, quoting apostates...When they quote William Durant in the Trinity brochure, they are using an apostate to support their claims...the same goes with the Anti-Nicene Fathers...the Catholic Encyclopedia...Justus Lipsius...Johannes Greber...

• Splash
    Splash

In the UK there are a lot of Target newspapers.

They are usual a free Town newspaper, subsidised by local businesses and adverts. Very small readership no where near a national paper.

Splash.

• trujw
    trujw

The population of that town was like 30,000 in 1998 so as was mentioned it is small town nothing paper probably given out for free that no can look up and check the quote out. Maybe back then a curculation of a couple thousand mostly unread just like the watchtower. I guess that's the best god almighty can muster to help his one true Church. This is making me mad what a joke the lengths this cult will go by dusting off this stupid comment from who knows when cause we still don't have the original source and sending it out to millions as truth to their claim as being chosen by god.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I also question the actual reference at :

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/europe/russia/overturned-court-decision/

May our society become more virtuous and morally upright thanks to the educational work you are doing.

about what the article states about what a judge said,,something fishy about that one too.

• irondork
    irondork

Leaving_Quietly: Yep, sure enough, and reused from the August 8, 1999 Awake page 31

Well, since the new JW.ORG doesn't have any pre-2000 literature available, this is a way to remind us of the rich spiritual nuggets from earlier publications.

What a blessing!

• besty
    besty

The only reference I can find on their website to "Jehovah" was an article regarding a nearby quickbuild for Retford Congregation

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Jehovah-s-Witnesses-invite-Retford-public-look-newly-built-centre/story-11191576-detail/story.html#axzz2L4VHbYJr

there is an opportunity to leave comments...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"In a letter to the Lincolnshire Boston Target, United Kingdom, a non-Witness reader said: “People are losing their faith in religions . ."

Even if the quote were legit, and there are a lot of dots in there, I would say, So What?

Anyone can write a letter to the local paper. It was not a published article by a professional writer. They(presumably) have their word that the writer was not a Witness, but he believes that they preach truth, so I guess he must be...or a fool who denies the truth.

The quote is a nonsense , an "appeal to authority" that is worthless. Just padding for the article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit