The Watch Tower Is Not A Religious Corporation, It Is A Corporation Of Religious Neurotics

by frankiespeakin 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporations_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. is a corporation used by Jehovah's Witnesses, which is responsible for administrative matters, such as real estate, especially within the United States. This corporation is typically cited as the publisher of Jehovah's Witnesses publications, though other publishers are sometimes cited. The corporation's stated purposes are: “Charitable, benevolent, scientific, historical, literary and religious purposes; the moral and mental improvement of men and women, the dissemination of Bible truths in various languages by means of the publication of tracts, pamphlets, papers and other religious documents, and for religious missionary work.” [ 8 ]

Selected Personnel (as of April 1, 2012)

• President: Leon Weaver Jr.
    • Secretary: Gerry F. Simonis

Originally known as the Peoples Pulpit Association, the organization was incorporated in 1909 when the Society's principal offices moved to Brooklyn, New York. In 1939, it was renamed Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc., and in 1956 the name was changed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. [ 9 ] Until 2000, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses was president of both the Watch Tower (Pennsylvania) and Watchtower (New York) corporations, as well as Britain's International Bible Students Association corporation; in 2001, it was decided that the corporations' directors need not be members of the Governing Body. [ 2 ] In 2001 the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York was listed among the top forty revenue-generating companies in New York City, reporting an annual revenue of about 951 million US dollars. [ 10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_beliefs

[ 103 ] [ 104 ] They believe that demons were originally angels who rebelled against God and took Satan's side in the controversy. [ 106 ]

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that Satan lives in Hell or that he has been given responsibility to punish the wicked. Satan and his demons are said to have been cast down from heaven to the earth in 1914, marking the beginning of the "last days". [ 103 ] [ 107 ] Witnesses believe that Satan and his demons influence individuals, organisations and nations, and that they are the cause of human suffering. At Armageddon, Satan is to be bound for 1,000 years, and then given a brief opportunity to mislead perfect humanity before being destroyed. [ 108 ]

Writers including James Beckford and former members James Penton and Barbara Grizzuti Harrison have stated that Jehovah's Witnesses' have a fear of demons, which Penton says is "sometimes so extreme that it becomes quite superstitious." But Penton also notes that avoidance of "demonistic practices" has released many people in Africa and Latin America from fear of spirits. [ 109 ] [ 110 ] [ 111 ] [ 112 ] Watch Tower Society publications state that Witnesses need not harbor dread or superstitious fear of demons, because their power over humans is limited. [ 113 ] [ 114 ]

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

FrankieSpeakin ,

Sorry Frankie...This went by and I never read it.

2001 - Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of New York was listed among the top 40 revenue generating companies in New York City, reporting an annual revenue of $951,000,000.00 US.

Am I reading this correctly? Almost a billion dollars (I imagine they are saying in Real Estate and material assets) Is this for New York City or everything they have in New York state? Or is this how much their property and material assets are worth world wide?

Well...If you could con 7 1/2 million people to give you money, then you would have...a lot of money. lol If 7 1/2 million people handed over cash donations for tiny-weenie magazines, KH up keep , bring the missionaries home, help the bethelites out, are forced to hand over the deed to your locally owned KH, after first paying for a remodel in cash or making payments to WT. Then there is the Worldwide Building Work fund to put your cash into. Also some people for decades and decades have signed up to have their money siphoned off, during their life, then the rest they take out at your death. Plus they are asking for your jewelry, deeds, sellable real estate, retirement fund. "Have I missed anything ?", asks the WT lawyer.

This con game...way of life...has been going on for over 100 years.

Disgusting.

Just Lois

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No not real estate holding "annual revenue generation" with 6.5million jws that is about 951/6.5=$146 per pub annually. So not ounting other sources of returns on investments which might bring it down to under 100.

With more figure we find out in the GBs mind what the life of a jw is worth.

Well maybe that will be enough to pay off lots and lots of lawsuits in the child molestation cases pending and future.

FrankieSpeakin>>>>>Does this mean how much money they have made with their investments? On the Stock market?

Just Lois

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

see above

• Satanus
    Satanus

Makes you wonder how they can stand each other, when they have their gb meetings.

S

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yeah Lois, revenue means actual income produced. Monies coming in. Not counting any assets like all thier massive restate holdings until they are sold, then it is capital gains income. If they are taxable , which I believe they are not.

WTBTS is very wealthy. VERY Yet they expect the rank and file to work for them on building KHs unpaid. The overseers are given a tiny stipend and no retirement provisions. No one has retirement provisions as I understand it. So even the GB members, if they do leave the GB, have nothing unless it is from their own savings or outside inheritance, etc.

I had someone challenge me 4 - 6 weeks ago, when I said Watch Tower Society was a billion dollar business. In my mind, how many billions?

My personal feelings for the 8 pope-ettes, the Legal department, the paid Lawyers, behind them, is, they are the creepyest of the scum at the bottom of a cess pool. There is no difference in them or any other religion. Religion is big business.

Just Lois

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey this would make a good you tube,

The Billion dollar corporation shell game, did you see how many corporations they got is that for protection and hideing money. I bet a lot of that money is in some island or Bahama bank acounts, and I'm thinking the IRS is takeing a good look at this cash cow. Ever since Russell they been keeping their money from the tax man but some how I think the Feds are watching them rather closely.

Just because they are a religion doesn't mean the government is going just let this tax money go bye bye.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Get a look at this:

To see more just click on the link in the first post. God with all these corporations I'm getting dizzy and I'm thinking if it makes me dizzy then it has got to make the Governing Body dizzy all these chain of comands, and which corporation has control over what? too many irions in the fire for sock puppet jehovah and the governing body to direct,, who's the tail and who's the dog? Beats me and I would never beleive any of the Governing Body's reason for the existence of all these corporation, judging from their past tract record of lies and half truths and lets not for get delusions.

""""Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc. was established to organize and administer the congregational affairs of Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States. [11] [12] It filed for incorporation on August 21, 2000 in New York State as a “domestic non-profit corporation” in Putnam County, New York. [13] An incorporation record was also filed with theState of Florida on March 3, 2006, as a "foreign non profit corporation" with agency in Collier County, Florida. [14]

As announced to congregations in January 2001, the

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a corporation used by their United States Branch Committee, which oversees the preaching work of Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States, Bermuda, and the Turks and Caicos Islands. [15] All Branch Committee members are appointed by and report to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. [16] [17]

As with other agencies of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses may correspond directly with any district overseer, circuit overseer, local body of elders, or individual, or it may assign someone else to communicate on its behalf. Any of these persons or groups may function as an agency acting at the explicit direction of the Governing Body. [18] [19]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit