Who is the faithful and discreet slave? Is a RHETORICAL question

by villagegirl 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I think the parable of the talents is about spreading the gospel to others who then convert , could also represent holy spirit . As for feeding , clothing and visiting the brothers in jail is about being jailed for the preaching work , it is about the resurrection so later they are blessed instead of eternally damned as we know only the GC does not take the mark of the beast of worship it so are blessed anyone else is eternally damned . Rich man lazurus is about the poor jews treated as if they are diseased and did not get equal access to the scrolls to learn about GODS will and be blessed , jesus comes and brings them the knowledge to be abrahams children , abraham is now jesus and the rich man dies and asks for a drop of water , dies spiritually and is asking jesus for a sign(drop of water) while he is in a burning hell, of which he tells them the only sign will be that of jonah.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The scripture Matthew 25:35,36 , who are these people ? poor and sick and alone ? Who are your neighbors ? Luke 10:29 when asked "And who is my neighbor?" Jesus then told the story of the Samaritan (not a Jew) but an "outsider" who saw a "certain man" not specified, the man who fell among thieves was was beaten and left for dead. All the official "representives" the Levite, the priest, ignored the man lying wounded. Appaerntly he was not viewed as "a brother" Only the Samaritan had compassion on him. Then Jesus asks, " So which one of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among thieves? " The point being there was no "qualifying" for the Samaritan to help and show compassion. The Samaritan didn't ponder, who the fallen man was. There is no indication the fallen man was a Jew or an unbeliever. WE do not know who Christ views as his brother, men and organizations are not in charge of any of this. Its not up to us to decide who is worthy and who is not, or where the Spirit goes and how it works.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Villagegirl:

I'd like to take you to dinner. Are you free later?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The man the Smaritan helped was unidentified, no indictaion he was a "brother" Jesus said "... which one of these three do you think was neighbor to him.....?" The Samaritan didn't first check his ID and make sure he was a regular attender at the Temple, or ask a passing Levite or priest for premission and approval that the man was a brother, before he helped him. Neighbor is an ACTION. Neighbor is what YOU do, having nothing to do with the recipient of your kindness. Feeding and clothing and visiting - is NOT restricted to "brothers" where does it say that ? We do not know who Christ considers his brother, the scripture say all you have to do is "believe in him", no other requirement. Christ said he came so everyone could have life, everyone, "God so loved the World, he gave his only begotton Son" Not, God so loved this tiny small qualifying segment of people who follow these specific doctrines and belong to this organization. Salvation was a universal inclusive proclamation applying to all people in all nations not just the Jews or just the WT. Talents were money in that time period, literally, symbolically it is the riches we have within us to devolp, create and help others.

• Emery
    Emery

Great thread. Larsinger, smh.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

I'll take that as a maybe.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Fed-Up Your very amusing, I am in Canada, so while dinner would be lovely it might not be logistically practical.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Jonah ?? The Book of Jonah - I love that book because it shows clearly Jehovah changing his mind. First he sends Jonah to preach to Ninevah. Jonah goes around calling down destruction on everyone and predicting the end of their world - Then to Jonah's surprise the people all feel bad about they way they acted towards one another and repent. Then Jevoah decides not to destroy them after all, based on their improved conduct. Jonah does not like this and pouts, sulking under a big shade plant. To get his attention Jehovah shivels the plant and Jonah mouns the loss of the plant. Jevoah then says; ( I imagine in a Jewsish accent ) " The Plant your worried about ? And I shouldn't worry about all these people and animals? "

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

SHE DIDN'T SAY "NO" and is amused!

Dudes, back me up here, guys have done far crazier things than driving to Canada for dinner on far less than a not "no" and amusement...

Logistics aside, one of these day's we need to share a meal and a chat. You're smart and funny, that alone is worth the trip!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Sorry about the missspelling of Jehovah - typo not deliberate - no disrespect intended and no blasphemy intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit