Louisiana

by gspradling 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• finnrot
    finnrot

My ex-wife took me to Baton Rouge to vist her Mom about 15 years ago.

She made sure to take me directly to Ralph and Kakoos(sp) when we got off the plane. Holly cow!!! Being a California boy I had never tasted food like that before in my life. The food in Louisana is incredible.

After dinner she took to a place I had never heard of before, Krispy Kreme. There wasn't any in California at the time. Remember the first time you had a Krispy Kreme? I havn't tasted a better doughnut.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I was in Ruston during the early seventies. Was good friends with the Ambroses, Beans, Kleinmans. Still remember when we integrated despite the fact that the Klu Klux Klan had a major influence in that little town.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Dude, I know the Kleinmans and the Ambroses.

• yumbby
    yumbby

Hi, I grew up in sulphur and lake charles, la and in fact am moving to ragley louisiana in a week from now... I'm currently in denver, but since my dad doesn't associate with witnesses anymore, its time to get to know him again.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Welcome home Yumbby. and its mudbug season here too!!!!

• steeljazz
    steeljazz

Hello there!

Graduated from DeRidder High in '78

It's been a couple years since I have been there.

I knew several people in the Rosepine congregation

• chillyrodent
    chillyrodent

I have relatives in Anacoco by the name of Self. I have relatives in Port Arthur, TX by the name of Bland and a father in Jasper by the name of Ellis.

I never lived there myself. Do any of the names sound familiar - maybe from conventions?

• one
    one

Lousiana?

Never been there.

Over there they are still keeping some stuff from Cristopher Colom i guess.

Actually the Judicial system in Lousiana inherited or are still keeping the spaniard tradition. But i hope child molestation reporting is mandatory, at least.

What can you say?

• witnesscorn-wife
    witnesscorn-wife

I went to the Rosepine congregation as a child. We were not regular but it was from about 1978-1983. I was about 8. It was just my mother, my brother and I. My mother and brother are white but I am mixed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit