What about the ones who WATCHED THE PATIENT DIE?

by Terry 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Can it be intellectual dishonesty or laziness or stubborn insistence?

Ummmmmmm.......*raises hand*, yes, guilty, all of the above. I think I stayed for the same reasons I stayed in a bad marriage. Unwilling to accept that I made a bad decision, unwilling to admit I had been gullible, kept hoping it would all be OK in the end. kept thinking it was all my fault, I wasn't good enough.

The idea that God will somehow fix all the bad is hard to give up. The reality is that the world is messy, it's chaos, there are bad people, there are wars, there are no easy solutions. To give up the dream of a perfect world is hard. When Armageddon didn't come in 1975, I accepted the stupid excuse that the Watchtower gave, that it was somehow my own fault. It didn't cause any crisis, at least not then. But the hope of the promised new system grew dimmer and dimmer, year by year. I still believed, but it started to seem less and less real. It became harder and harder to go to meetings. I stopped going out in service. Finally, it became very easy to just walk away.

I ended my marriage and moved to a different state. I wish I had done it sooner, but that is my only regret.

• Terry
    Terry

in 2006 I was almost 60 we have third generation JWs in their 70s and they are still waiting but I am sure they are also going to die waiting to live forever.

I think of it this way. Some sad jokester put up a bus stop sign and a bench for laughs. There is no bus. It is never coming. It won't stop here.

Hahahahah. Some pathetic joke.

• Terry
    Terry

When Armageddon didn't come in 1975, I accepted the stupid excuse that the Watchtower gave, that it was somehow my own fault. It didn't cause any crisis, at least not then. But the hope of the promised new system grew dimmer and dimmer, year by year.

Inertia, plain and simple.

We start off in a certain direction and just keep.....on......going....until......an outside force changes our momentum in a different direction.

What we call an epiphany is rare. It is usually a dawning awareness. A sort of "fed up" condition that reaches critical proportions.

My favorite cartoon is of a figure walking away with flames all around.... into the distance.

Beneath it is the caption, "One day, fed up with hell, Binky simply up and walked away...."

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit