Most faithful Christians now alive are not members of that faithful steward class. - w2012 12/15

by 00DAD 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This was brought up earlier today on Blondie's thread about this article, but it is so significant I thought it warranted it's own discussion

Here in the WT Study article for this week is this remarkable statement:

Most faithful Christians now alive are not members of that faithful steward class.- w2012 12/15, p. 9, para. 3

Wow! That's an understatement.

As I'm sure you all know by now, according to their recent New-Light revision of the FDS doctrine, only the 8 men of the Governing Body are members of that "faithful steward class."

For your reference, not this from the jw.org website:

NOVEMBER 9, 2012

Annual Meeting Report

“Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”

The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.” - [Emphasis added]

This raises some really interesting questions:

• Are these guys deliberately publishing obtuse, confusing doctrine?
    • Or are they really that lame that they can't even publish consistent teachings within a few months of each other?

Either way, it makes them look bad. Really bad.

Now I realize that this WT study article was actually written months before. But presumably the GB also didn't just wake up the day before the Annual Meeting on October 6, 2012 and decide to change the FDS doctrine. Maybe they did. I don't know and they're not saying.

Perhaps they thought that if they were too specific in this study article that it would give away the FDS "New Light" to anyone that read it when it was first available on-line. I don't recall if this WT was posted online prior to the Annual Meeting and wouldn't know if congregations got it before that.

But they could have simply left this sentence out or reworded it in such a way as to be consistent with "current Truth" or at least not be so absurd.

I can only conclude that these guys just aren't that smart. They simply cannot come up with coherent teachings and deliver them in a consistent way.

Clearly, neither Jehovah, Jesus or the Holy Spirit have their backs!

• Pterist
    Pterist

I believe they are talking out both sides of their mouth...they compare the FDS(the GB) as it relates to 1. Domestics since 1919, an 2. FUTURE Belongings as follows:

Jesus’ appointment of the “slave” over his “belongings,” then, must also be a future event. He will make that appointment during the great tribulation.

What Are Jesus’ “Belongings”?

Jesus said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.” (Matthew 28:18) Jesus’ “belongings” thus include more than just his earthly interests. They include the Messianic Kingdom.—Philippians 2:9-11.

Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians.—Luke 22:28-30;Revelation 20:6.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

As long as you believe in "two classes" you are subscribing to the WT doctrine.
    Its a male dominated hierarchy.

Unlike the scripture that says 'you are neither male nor female but are all one...'

The word 'class' is not in the Bible.

The word 'organization' is not in the Bible.

The WT hierarchy starts with the idea of specialness.

If we are all equal, like Jesus said, 'neither male nor female, but all one '

All one means nobody is on top. The little flock is joined by the other sheep

and they all become one. Thats what it says.

But 'they all become one' is completley ignored.

More male domination is the whole submission of women thing.
    It exists in every Church hierarchy except a few.

Women who like this , like other people to take responsibilty for them, to remain children.
    Its about oneness.

If you read it without the veil over your eyes, you don't have to throw out
    God to be free of self appointed Popes.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The evidence points to the following conclusion

Evidence? I just saw a conclusion without any basis.

• prologos
    prologos

village girl: yes!! and I am one with my wife and she is the smart one in the family (and not because she picked me either)

like MERKEL (the most powerful woman in the world) she balances the household budget, she also does diapers,

May be what little sanity there is in the WT BtS, its because of the good and subtle female influence. ( the Linda in Splaine)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Pterist, agreed. They ARE talking out of both sides of their mouth(s). It's really embarrassing how poor they are at getting their own story straight. Apparently they either

A. aren't that bright,

B. can't think this through,

C. are really sloppy,

D. just don't care that much, or

E. ALL OF THE ABOVE.

wh: Evidence? I just saw a conclusion without any basis.

Evidently!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

the evidence is plain to see.

evidently they have a problem with newer younger annointed asking why it is that they are not consulted, evidently they have a problem with the rising number of the annointed, evidently they are fearful of an annointed class takeover, evidently thay are consolidating their power

There would have to be more evidence of my claims above than they have for theirs...

Oz

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

00Dad, if the growth rate of the "Little Flock" continues at it's same annual, in fifty years the "Little Flock" will overtake "The Great Crowd". Will we call it "The Great Flock" and "The Little Crowd"?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"THE GREAT FLOCK" "THE LITTLE CROWD" "THE OTHER-OTHER SHEEP"

"THE LITTLE MULTITUDE" We could hire "Mad Men" to come up with a Ad Slogan!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Aussie Oz: There would have to be more evidence of my claims above than they have for theirs...

That wouldn't be hard, since there is NO evidence for any of their assertions!

ÁrbolesdeArabia: "THE GREAT FLOCK" ... "THE LITTLE CROWD" ... "THE OTHER-OTHER SHEEP" ... "THE LITTLE MULTITUDE"

That's pretty good. I think you've just the gift for coming up with doctrine that these boys need!!! ...

Clearly, it doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to keep things spinning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit