kindness of Jw's

by d 20 Replies latest jw friends

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I know many JWs that are great people. Even some of the elders in the cong I am in are genuine caring people. It's just that they are all living in delusion. Sad.

• d
    d

I see what you are saying. But what is different this couple knows that some Jw's can be hyprocrites but as they say they go the Kingdom Hall to serve God. It is sad that despite their kindness I can not wake them up about the religion.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Everyone already got it. People are people. These are good people. Them being JW's has nothing to do with it. Some JW's are great people, some are tools, and some are evil. Same goes for the whole of humanity. Appreciate their kindness, tell them you appreciate it, and pay it forward and in return. That is the right thing to do.

• MsD
    MsD

Everybody is different. There are those who aren't JW's who would help out their neighbor. It's all about character. JW's just like to think they are the only ones who will help out another person but that's so not true.

• d
    d

They were supposed to come. They looked at our driveway and only cleaned the top part and left. I mean serioulsy what the hell Hopefully they come tommorow to help but I am not betting on them coming. Luckly for us, we got most of it done. You can not ever truly depend on others. every man for himself.

• blondie
    blondie

Are you baptized "d"? If not they can count their time on their monthly slip for their kindess, but helping a baptized jw, can't count it. My husband came in as an adult and everybody was willing to give him time until he was baptized and then it changed overnight.

• d
    d

No I was not, I was an unbaptized publisher.Maybe they will come on Sunday.

• blondie
    blondie

d, take advantage of their help. I used to help an older sister shovel out sometimes helped by a brother that was not considered good enough to take attendance. The elders were too busy with more important things. I found that true kindness came from jws not high on the hierachyandv iewed as "weak" in the congregation. I remember a sister who wanted her husband to be appointed an elder, she did every chore for others, until he was appointed and then dropped out of all of them and spent all her time with her clique.

So enjoy

• d
    d

I will I just hope they follow through with helping.

• ingimar
    ingimar

I live in a neighborhood where we all help each other. Two of my neighbors are always snow blowing my driveway for me. I look after their homes when they go away. I have no idea what religion they are but none of them know that my husband is a JW. I imagine if they did find out, they would really feel sorry for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit