I will be celebrating the memorial at my home

by nolongerconfused 18 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

yeah, but are you partaking? it has been done for decades, because the talk is so off-truth, it is not even wrong [Paul(i)]

we thought that that QC was the center of North America

dont burn the wafers.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

yea im drinking wine and eating pita bread

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

I am in Australia and I will be partaking the emblems at home for the first time this year. Just a pity I have to attend the sham at the KH beforehand. After reading the scriptures in the right context and understanding what they mean I certainly do qualify as a worthy partaker. I hope to strengthen my faith in Jehovah and Jesus as a result of partaking. Finding out the TATT my spirituality has taken a beating.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Like Lozhasleft said.

Fernando

South East Queensland, Australia

• designs
    designs

After leaving the JWs I met with a group that had split off from the Bible Students. We had our annual Memorial in one of the group member's home. Very nice evening that included a dinner, singing, prayers, Bible readings and partaking.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The Bible students know how to celebrate the Lord's Supper they are good people and highly independant, allowing memebrs to have differing views.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Me too. I go down to the liquor store and buy some Kosher Wine, not because I think you have to have Kosher wine, but because it is really good!

Last year was my first time. I got the wine, and then I baked my own unleavened bread. This year I will just use rice cakes or something. It doesn't do any good getting all worked up over particulars. What if I was in prison and had no wine or bread? Wouldn't Christ read my heart? I do not believe that he will be angry if I use rice cakes. I am in the Tri-State area of the mid-west.

• Stealth
    Stealth

What is the date of the event this year?

A good merlot is a great choice of wine. Maybe a little cheese with the crackers.

I am in center of US, as long as I don't have to attend a K.H.

• Dark Fader
    Dark Fader

While I don't miss the ceremony I do often think about it when there is a full moon in the March - April time of the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit