Loving sister passed away and guess what and elder said...?

by suavojr 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

This religion sucks the humanity out of people.

Bangalore

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perhaps it's better that this as$ho!e continue doing the work of a rock and leave the job of helping those in need to humans like you.

Billy, I love that thought!

I'm afraid I will probably plagierize it (and the circumstances will not allow me to give any credit to an "apostate").

Doc

• life is to short
    life is to short

When I was on my way to the hospital after getting a call that my elder husband had just had a major heart attack at work and I did not know what kind of conduction he was in I called the PO's COBE's home while I was driving in a state of schock to let the COBE know that my husband would not be able to conduct the school that night.

I got his wife instead on the phone, now mind you I was an elder's wife also, I told her I was driving to the hospital not knowing what conduction my husband was in. She did not miss a beat but said "I cannot help you I have to go out in service today!"

As long as I live I will never forget how those words stung me. It was like she had hit me in the face with ice cold water. My husband was in the ICU for three days and this fellow elder's wife never came up or called. Even the hospital chaplin was schocked by how alone I was in the hospital, the Chaplin said she could not beleive that memebers of my religion were not there for me.

LITS

• Giordano
    Giordano

The one thing I learned early on this religion treats workers as if we are still in the 19th centuary. Having said that my sister greatly beloved and in last weeks her JW sisters were at her home every morning to help out. So I guess it varies from KH to KH.

The other thing in reading these accounts.......... if your still pioneering as a senior you have got to be a mental case!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It never seems to occur to these clowns that they if they had loving, supportive congregations they would have fewer people leaving because they got discouraged. Even those who are disfellowshipped for immorality, might not have done those things if they did not feel alone and depressed.

But this organization is not about helping others or loving and caring, it's about reporting hours, and earning your salvation by knocking on doors, and judging others by committee or by gossip.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Putting in time ... WOW ...

• suavojr
    suavojr

Perhaps it's better that this as$ho!e continue doing the work of a rock and leave the job of helping those in need to humans like you.

SIMPLY PRICELESS

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thanks for your kind words LoisLane looking for Superman

• never a jw
    never a jw

Yes, the religion is dangerous, cultish, cruel and cold. However, this elder does not represent necessarily what other elders would do in his position. Jehovah's Winesses rank and file are not better or worse humans than non JW's. You get the good and the bad inside as well as outside. Generalizing about JW's from anecdotal evidence is not a great argument. By all means attack the religion, the doctrines, the leadership, but don't fall into the fallacy of judging a whole group based on one person's behavior, especially if it's not encouraged by the religion's leadership or its doctrines. I will side with you if you show me the Watchtower's article that commends this elder decision.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Maybe the elder really wanted to go out in service so he could spend a half hour at service meeting, driving to community, walking slowly from house to house to get to 10 houses (none of whom were at home), and then get an hour at Dunkin Donuts with a cup of hot coffee, sweet donut and an even hotter, sweeter sister. That sounds easier then talking for a half hour straight with grieving relatives.

"never was"? Everyone who is a JW is obsessed with hours. Usually, it's the appearance of having hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit