Do Witnesses really want to go to the meetings?

by BU2B 34 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I dreaded the meeting. Went because of peer pressure. Didn't want to be confronted with, "I missed you?" And, that line was, "I'll feel better afterwards" kept me going. But, I didn't feel better becuase of the meeting, I felt good that it was OVER and I was FREE.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

JW's find the Meetings themselves a burden, a chore and bum-numbingly boring. But JW's have no social life outside of the religion and so at least they get to see and talk to a few people after the meetings.

It was amazing to me to be on the Platform nd see the glazed expressions of most in the audience, and even some actually asleep !, and yet after the Meeting these same people became alive and animated chatterers.

What must be hell, no HELL, is having to go if you don't like anyone there particularly, you actually then get no benefit from going, it is even worse if you don't want to see the people and you know TTATT, I feel for you poor folk in that position.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was born in. I hated the meetings but it was a routine.

Now as I look back, my lasting memories of the meetings were that it was a loathesome place to be. Austere, depressing and totally the opposite to the church I went to when I still believed in god.

The Kingdumb Hells are a vile place of torture and hate mongering.

• jam
    jam

The wife and I have been checking out retirement facilities.

Now , I don,t know, a bunch of horny people.LOL

On a side note, one retirement community we visit, the

price tag, $200000 just to move in (you don,t get the money back)

that,s the privilege of moving in. In other words if you die within

a year, your kids will never see that money. Plus you pay

between $3000-$4000 a month. Single resident homes with medical

facilities on the premises.

• jam
    jam

Sorry folks , posted on the wrong topic, should have been,

STD increase among Senior Citizens. Damn,t, next I,ll be

leaving the home and forget to put my trousers on. Growing

old is no fun.

Share this

Google+