JW Wiki

by jw07 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Is there an active wiki exposing TATT?

What would be ideal is a dedicated wiki. Nothing that will alarm the average jw at a glance, but definitions which will help them see the flip-flopping of doctrine, and help to wake them up quickly.

For instance outlining the ‘stand’ on blood and how the doctrine has flip flopped over the years from zero blood to more and more of it, citing dates, and quoting articles in chronological order.

Or the view on higher education, and quotes, and links to scans of Watchtower and Awake articles from the mid 1900s to present. For instance

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!".

If done right, avoiding copyright issues, and linking directly to their website to show flip flopping doctrines can wake allot of jws up!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, keep in mind that people tend to lack subtlety, especially on the Internet. I predict that you would quickly find the wording would become fairly in-your-face and bitter. A wiki would also open the door to edit warring over the phrasing used, between someone who wants something that's strongly worded, someone that wants something more thought-provoking, and someone who is a WT apologist.

• cedars
    cedars

There is a "wikipedia" style website for Jehovah's Witnesses. It is JWpedia.org.

As far as I know, the founders are on the look-out for contributors if anyone has the time or inclination to volunteer? If so, please email me at [email protected] and I will pass on the details.

Cedars

• disfellowshipped1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit