Orangeburg Assembly Hall - designed to be sold as a future supermarket?

by cedars 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Bump with this in the news

Assembly Hall draws crowds, customers for area businesses

The Times and Democrat - 3 hours ago Area hotels and restaurants say a new Jehovah's Witness Assembly Hall ... The Jehovah's Witnesses opened their 3,000-seat Assembly Hall to ...

(Don't forget to leave a comment at the article)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I notice in the article that the entire emphasis is on the dollars; nowhere is there any discussion of the 'exemplary' christian conduct, the preaching work, etc.

Just the money flowing to the community.

Makes me wonder if that is what the WT intended in the first place.

• ILoveTTATT2
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I was impressed by everything, the pool, the technology, the building, landscape, everything, until I saw the chairs. 3 days sitting on that? Yiiiissshhhh.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was impressed by everything, the pool, the technology, the building, landscape, everything, until I saw the chairs. 3 days sitting on that? Yiiiissshhhh.

Folding chairs.....very smart. When they sell the building they can fold them up and go and the whole place is wide open for whatever new use anyone wants. Meanwhile, the JW's can feel as if they are enduring something and martyring themselves for the cause by sitting in uncomfortable chairs.

Once again, (not that there's anything wrong with having a luxurious meeting place) but in the past, we were told that these things originated with Christendom. Gone are the days when humble, simple and practical is the goal.

There is also the sense that one gets, that they are narcissistic enough to think they personally developed the technology that was employed in building this facility and that it's existence indicates they are being directed by God himself. The Mega Church down the street had all the same things 10 years ago.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Can't believe I missed this back then.

(A future) Orangeburg supermarket, huh?

Points for creativity, I suppose.

Most new KH buildings look like they'd be more easily refurbished into doctor's offices or small engineering firms.

:smirk:

• Saename
    Saename

I haven't watched the videos, but is there actual evidence in them pointing towards this building being purposely designed like a supermarket?

• Chook
    Chook

The Kingdom Halls are already supermarkets, get your spiritual food , can't buy other brands, pay on way out only after passing security. They both have coin operated trolleys , and both deliver junk mail. I think the modern halls could accommodate a small supermarket.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Must be slow news in this part of the world. I mean.....religion builds rectangular building with water feature.....news at 11?

Seriously?

P.S. - They suggested 165 million a year will be the economic impact of this site? How on Gods green earth would they come up with that number?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    problemaddict 2 - "...How on Gods green earth would they come up with that number?"

Same way they come up with most numbers?

(hint: sun don't shine)

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit