Has a wrong disfellowshipping ever been reversed?

by lostnotfound 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• cedars
    cedars

I heard of an elder being deleted on the grounds of alcoholism, but the decision was reversed when an appeal committee convened by the Circuit Overseer discovered that he was merely in the habit of drinking a tin of beer every Friday night. "We drink more than that!" were the sentiments of the appeal elders.

Cedars

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

My single sister had an affair with a married Non-Witness, got pregnant, but because she went in there crying her eyes out and saying how sorry she was, and how it had ruined her life and Jehovah would never forgive her.

They only 'Publicly reproved' her because she had been thru enough. Meanwhile a friend of ours, single sister, about the same age, slept with her boyfriend, got pregnant and the SAME elders DF'd her. The minute they announced that my sister was only PR'd the sister's father raised a big stink and threatened a lawsuit against the JC elders for discrimination [Because his daughter was barely attending meetings]. The following week the elders announced that after careful consideration, they reduced the other sister's status to only PR'd also.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Heard about one sister who was married to an elder's son. He committed adultery. Left her heartbroken. He was only reproved (surprise, surprise).

A little time afterward, the elders suspected her of having a 'worldly' boyfriend and sleeping with him - elders went on stakeouts to find proof. They thought they had evidence and DFed her. They'd misunderstood the situation. This poor girl was shunned, of course. Complaints about the injustice were made to the CO.

A year or two later, when the complaints were taken seriously and the matter investigated, it turned out that the elders had completely mishandled the whole process and hadn't even sent the DFing paperwork to the Society! The sister hadn't officially been DFed anyway! The shunning stopped, but she and her family were deeply hurt by it all. I don't know if she still attends or not.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

ScenicViewer

itsybitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat,

did your story happen in Arizona?

No, it was in central California. Do you know of a similar case in Az?

Yes maybe 20 plus years ago. Elders who DF'd the man were actually DF'd within 1 month after reversal of his Dfing was announced. They were guilty of Adultery and fornication and third brother was just a pawn in the whole mess. The man DF'd didn't appeal but a CO came into town in new rotation and looked at case and knew the man from another state many years before and figured maybe something was off... anyway total misscarriage of justice and the announcement read that he was restored with full priveledges etc.... He was df'd 6 months though so pretty tough situation.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My cousin (Restrangled) was DF'ed in the 70's. Her parents raised holy hell for months with some Chicago and NY heavyweights. A few months later the elders announced that the decision had been reversed. However, the damage it did to a beautiful teenage girl was irreversible.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I witnesses a few questionable disfellowshipings, heard some heart breaking stories of control freaks breaking down little reeds. Ask yourself if a women in 1970 divorced her husband for having sex with twenty men at a bath-house, did the Watchtower Society contact her and tell her they had resurrected her from "death to life" by falsly condemming her to death? No! Homosexual sex with another man was not grounds for adultry with a women in Jehovah's progressive Organization in those years, because I think some powerful men enjoyed anal sex with their fellow men.

The Watchtower Society wants loves you to beg and grovel at their feet, another sister I know was disfellowshiped for adultry without confessing to sin. She was set up and walked away for ten years from the Organization, she had to come back and ask for repentance for something she never committed.

Sister three, she was accused of "lying", yeah imagine a Jehovah Witness who tells lies or embellishes on the truth! She was part of a witch hunt in super freaky town and finally told the brothers to "disfellowship me!". She had to repent of the sin of lying, she lied to the elders and Jehovah by saying "she lied to the brothers in the first interview trying to get her to confess to adultry which she denied time after time!

She was convicted of "lying" for telling the elders "I was at meeting on Tuesday, when there was no meeting that Tuesday night". She was hypomania suffering depression, she would get confused of days. They got her for "lying" it's one of the moments I am not proud of this religion and it's men. Spiritual stonning a mental sister for forgetting there was no meeting on Tuesday was wrong!

The stressed sister disfellowshiped for "I was at meeting on Tuesday" was kicked out and the Elder behind her demise allowed his son to remarry a 2008 JW female model with less miles on her. They traded in the broken down thirty-five year old woman for a newer "less used one". The son comitted adultry, or did he? Was he not free to remarry? She did not fight their twisted injustice and allowed the lie to perpetuate to show her humility to the Organzation! It took her two years to get reinstated for sins she did not commit!

To your original question, over the last xx years I have never seen anyone disfellowshiped exhonerated or heard of the Society coming to the rescue after years of false excommunication. "My Elders Right Or Wrong" is their mantra!

• Frank75
    Frank75

"I witnesses a few questionable disfellowshipings"

There is never a justification for df'ing someone....it has to be one of the most sinister practices, right after gas chambers, and just ahead of water boarding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit