Fading

by compound complex 16 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

It is not chains that bind me to the position I now hold . . . and, that, for a lengthy time now.

I stand motionless, my eyes peering through dark curtains, they fixed steadily upon cheerful passersby on the street below my third-storey bedroom window. By their simply being out and about in the daytime sun I perceive that, in contrast to my placid self, these happy souls are at peace with the world. Not so long ago would I have been a companion to them all, as I was democratic in my tastes, enjoying the society of all my town's citizenry.

After my abrupt withdrawal from constant companionship, these, my true friends, inquired after my state, leaving their cards with Hayworth as he, my faithful butler, politely but firmly turned them all away. Consequently, they ceased further inquiry into my health and caught up with their own lives and made tracks elsewhere. Needless to say, my doorway has not been brightened by old friends for a considerable time.

Though the August sun has been burning with her characteristic, seasonal fire, I cannot for the life of me be rid of this penetrating, bone-biting chill that has settled in at my core. When, one day, I had casually regarded my overall aspect in the bevelled glass of Mother's wardrobe mirror, I was taken aback by both an aggressive increase in facial pallor and a mallen streak creeping up a disconcertingly flaky scalp.

Months had already languorously passed, with myself confined to what had once been Mother's suite. I steadfastly refused, with obdurate resolve, to allow my curious eyes to wander toward the honesty of silvered glass. With the passage of time, I completely left off wondering about that horrid reflection cast in glass.

Despite what I had discerned to be incremental physical modifications over time, I one day forced myself to look head on into that dread mirror. What frightened me was what I beheld fading . . .

I.

• Pickler
    Pickler

I'm picturing Anthony Perkins (psycho) but he couldn't see passersby.......nice writing CC!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Picker, and welcome to JWN!

I have written about Norman.

Perhaps I'll dig him up.

CC

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

I think christopher cross wrote a song about fading out of the jw org, lemme see if i can find the lyrics.....:

Well it's not far down to paradise, at least's not for me, If the wind is right you can fade away and find tranquility, Oh the apostates can do miracles, just you wait and see, believe me
    It's not far to never, never land, reason to pretend And if the wind is right you can find the joy of innocence again, Oh the apostates can do miracles, just you wait and see, believe me
    fading, takes me away To where I've always heard it Just a dream and the wind to carry me Soon I will be free,
    Fantasy, it gets the best of me when I'm fading All caught up in the reverie Every word is a symphony, won't you believe me?
    Fading, takes me away To where I've always heard it Just a dream and the wind to carry me Soon I will be free
    It's not far back to sanity at least it's not for me And when the wind is right you can fade away and find serenity Oh the apostates can do miracles, just you wait and see, believe me ...chorus or something

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Captain!

Thanks.

!

CC

• Pickler
    Pickler

Thanks for the welcome CC, I love to read, so keep it coming!

• compound complex
    compound complex

OK, Pickler! You're welcome.

Soon . . .

CC

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

I love the creativity. So refreshing. Thanks compound complex and cptkirk.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Norman Bates is my inspiration:

[voiceover in police custody, as Norman is thinking] It's sad, when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son. But I couldn't allow them to believe that I would commit murder. They'll put him away now, as I should have years ago. He was always bad, and in the end he intended to tell them I killed those girls and that man... as if I could do anything but just sit and stare, like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can't move a finger, and I won't. I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do... suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/quotes

I make people cry.

I don't do it on purpose, but it's because I'm a beautiful person. That's what people say. They look at me and stare, especially at my tawny mane. When I played my violin at recital people were silent. They were silent and they cried. Grown men cried even though they pretended not to. Old ladies said when I played the Chaconne it sounded like a child wailing, and they were crying when they told me that.

But they know nothing about music or life or what is important. My love, my true love is all that matters in this wide world. They don't matter, those little people who are like swarms of ants crawling all over, going nowhere. Ants, on the other hand, do have a purpose, I must admit, to be perfectly fair to those industrious little creatures.

People know nothing, do nothing useful. They waste space.

But some of them do notice things, like when I was walking on the sidewalk yesterday near our home. There was a line of ants marching in unison - is there any other way? - across my path and I stepped aside because I didn't want to wipe out a single of the little fellows in my strides. I see things like this - little things. People walking toward me saw the ants too and they noticed how careful I was and they thought how kind and sensitive a young man I am, not to hurt ants as they go about their important business.

I know people. They were saying to themselves, there goes a beautiful man, he wouldn't hurt an ant.

They were crying....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, WishingLiz, and welcome, too, to you!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit