Kathryn Schulz: On being wrong

by thecrushed 8 Replies latest jw friends

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I've never heard a more appropriate TED talk for JW's to take to heart than this one.

" Most of us will do anything to avoid being wrong. But what if we're wrong about that? "Wrongologist" Kathryn Schulz makes a compelling case for not just admitting but embracing our fallibility." - kathryn schulz

http://www.ted.com/talks/kathryn_schulz_on_being_wrong.html

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

marking

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

wow!... I don't know maybe I'm wrong...

excellent .. not just jws, everyone on this board should watch this.. I think of how I often wonder what I believe right now, that in the future I will not see the same, and wonder how I ever believed that ..something to look forward too..

I'll have to wait and SEE!

• Pickler
    Pickler

Really interesting, recognize so much JW thinking clarified in this. It's huge to realize that what you were brought up to believe was wrong, now I'm open to being wrong about almost anything......it's very "freeing" not to have to be right all the time.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, I think it's very freeing to say "I don't know" and it's fun to say "let's try and find out".

The more you know, the more you're realize what you don't know.

• blondie
    blondie

WTS: We're not perfect but we are not responsible for the wrongs we do...in fact, it is the rank and file that run ahead.........

We made a mistake once but we were wrong

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

It's very intellectually deadening to ever think that you have all the answers. I used to hear JW's say that worldy's wouldn't accept the "truth" because they couldn't accept a simple explanation. Life is complex and therefore has no catch all answer period!

• Will Power
    Will Power

The book is worth a read as well.

wp

• poppers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit