Keep testing the scriptures to prove this is not the "truth"

by label licker 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• label licker
    label licker

What's your favorite scripture to prove that Watchtower's doctrines were false. Mine was Romans 6:7 where they say it's our death that's aquitted us of our sins when it was Jesus death that aquitted us of our sins. Our death doesn't have that ability to do that. Oh and when you read in Isaiah 43:10 " you are my servant" which is actually talking about the nation of Israel. (verse one) The whole chapter is Jehovah talking to the nation of Israel. But the witnesses say it's them that are the servant. Isaiah 44:1,2 shows again it's Israel he has chosen. Remember Jacob who was changed to Israel and it was his twelve sons that were the twelve tribes??????? Are you getting this g/b ? Hope your lurking

Hi ya Chris

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

What name should we call ourselselves, and for whom should we be witnessing? (Isaiah 43:10 applied to fleshly Israel until the Messiah came and instigated the New Covenant which was open to Jews & Gentiles)

(Acts 11:26) .....the disciples were by divine providence called Christians. (By what authority did JFR change it?)

(Acts 1:8) YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me ..[Jesus]

(Revelation 17:6) And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

I really, really, really love the (demon inspired) teaching of............. (trumpet fanfare!!) the "New Scrolls"!!!!

By reading Revelation 20:1-12 it is readily seen that there are no "new" scrolls, nor are they used to give us 'wonderful new teachings', and it is blatantly obvious that the "scrolls" are not opened during Christ's 1000 year reign - they are opened after Satan is destroyed, not abyssed!! Fairy stories!!!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Also Galatians 2:1-10, to show that Holy Spirit directed Paul to resolve the circumcision issue, not a fictitious GB!!

These verses clearly show that Paul had to convince the 'prominent ones' in Jerusalem (including the apostles) that Jehovah's spirit was using him to settle the matter. Eventually the apostles agreed with Paul!!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

This is interesting because I was around the borg for approximately 10 years, sometimes at a distance, sometimes closer up, but this is something that I did not hear until very late in the game before I left for good. I never saw the scripture that I heard some of them discussing; the scripture which was the basis for this notion of death releasing a person from their sins? I already knew that they would give people a higher percentage of making it into the "new system" based on dying, seeing that they would be resurrected and basically be forced to believe-- realizing that you would have to be a genuine schmuck to reject a god that just resurrected you from the dirt. This was new to me though, a scripture that actually said you would be released of sin upon death? they making death sound better and better! would love to hear that one explained.

• newsheep
    newsheep

The explanation I heard on this topic is that it comes down to translation.

In the NWT the (his) is in brakets showing it was not in the original texts and is not least not in most bibles.

Taking that (his) out would make this a release from sin in general and not the sin of the individual. At death the individual is no longer under the influence of his sinful surroundings.

A closer look at the verses at the beginning of this chapter show that the topic being discussed is baptism and the parallel is with the emersion in water and the changes those being baptised would be make.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

john 3 "anyone" being born again, and verse 16 "everyone" same person same conversation.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

that seems especially redundant. it may as well say "upon death you are released from craving cookies".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit