Young people; Please take heed

by wasblind 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

While in the prime of your life, the WTS will encourage you to " Put the Kingdom first " .

For the WTS that mean Nothin else after

The young are encouraged to Not further thier education or get a fulltime job

but make the ministry their fulltime occupation. Becuase The end is Near

Take a look around your Hall, The senior citizen in that very same Hall was

told the same thing, and the end has yet to arrive

In the mean time, what will they do to survive. What will the WTS

do for the elderly who don't have any pension

becuase they put off education , or a fulltime job?

How will the WTS feed , house and clothe it's elderly ?

through worldly charities, that's how.

The earlier you start to invest in your pensions

the better off you will be. The WTS won't pay you no mind

or tend to your personal needs when you get old

• hoser
    hoser

and to add a bit more: any money or property that your jw parents have, you're getting none of it. zilch, zero

All that money and property those before you sweated and toiled to attain is all earmarked for the world wide work aka the governing body's pension fund.

So while you have your youthful stamina and energy you better buckle down, get that education, bust your ass earning some $, invest it wisely cause there ain't no one gonna help you but yourself in this life.

hoser

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I have a degree in business and finance.

I cannot tell you how many JWs I met when I was in that did not have adequate retirement savings. If you took a poll, I am sure they would have even less than the U.S. average of ppl who save for retirement, and that number is dismal in itself.

One conversation I had with a brother I told him I put about 20% of my income to retirement and my hubby about 15% and he told me I obviously did not trust in Jehovah to provide. He only put about $50 per pay cycle into a plan and the guy was pushing 50 years old!

I told him as far as I knew, we did not know how long the system would last, If I ended up not needing the $$ then fine. But if I needed it I have it and the only reason we had the $$ in the first place was because we were living the bible directive to "keep your eye simple".

Anyway he had nothing to say after that.

• flipper
    flipper

WASBLIND- Good thread and great thoughts by you and everybody. I'd like to add to ANY young people reading this thread that the fact that the WT Society discourages you from getting a higher education, or discourages starting a family in THIS " system of things " is all part of a control policy that is not new. The WT Society even in 1941 had the president J.F. Rutherford saying the same things over the platform at an assembly when the book " children " was released for those 20 and under. With thousands of teenagers sitting in the audience he blatantly told them that NOW was NOT the time to get married, settle down , or have children. The preaching work was the prime concern. Then he said there would be plenty of time to experience having children in the alleged " Paradise ".

Look- I'm not going to mince any words here. If teenagers had followed his advice then in 1941 ( and many did ! ) they would be around 90 yrs.old never having married or experienced the joy of having children. The WT Society is lying to you when it states there is going to be a " Paradise" . There is NOT going to be a " Paradise ". You have to work hard in this world and make your own happiness. Don't delay having children or finding a life partner because some high control organization wants to RAPE you of all your time in your life. They are stealing away the rest of your life from you so please wake up, smell the coffee and take control of your own destiny and life ! You'll be much happier and much more in control of your life by your middle aged years. Get an education, find a mate if you desire and go enjoy THIS life because all you've got is 80 years , 90 to 100 if you're lucky. Go make the best of it and don't allow the WT Society to suck away your time, energies, money, and your life ! O.K. I'm done. Love all you younger folks ! Peace out and have a fun trippin' Super Bowl weekend ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I recommend against doing anything for joke-hova. You need to learn a trade or skill that is useful for barter, and damn soon. There are plenty of them to learn, from fixing bicycles (which I think is going to be hot should there be another oil embargo) to fixing computers. Could you learn to do fun things--like putting up holiday and decorative lighting? You could also learn a survival skill--like growing food. When the dollar becomes toilet paper, it's going to be too late.

You should also be learning to develop your soul. Finish school, as crappy as it is. Head to college, if you can do so without putting excessive debt on yourself. Find a hobby that is intellectually demanding yet one you enjoy. Learn to play a video game that requires strategy to win--Pokemon is so popular for the simple reason you need strategy to play it well. Take courses just for the fun of it. Take an issue that there is heated debate on, and research both sides of it (you are going to find plenty) and come to your own conclusion about it. This is exercise for your brain.

And, if you are already in the workplace, now is no time to cut way back on your secular work to pious-sneer. You should work as many hours as you reasonably can (usually 40)--not to the point of being worn out and finding no time for other things, but taking advantage of whatever you are reasonably offered. Cutting back just to pious-sneer is only going to lead to destitution in your old age, and probable soul damnation (to reincarnation as a more devout joke-hovian witless in the next life).

Remember, next time someone asks you to take care of jokehova, ask yourself when jokehova last took care of you. Just keeping you alive so you can serve that thing is not good enough. They want you cutting back on personal needs to make more time for joke-hova. Did joke-hova cut back on its personal needs to make time for you? They talk about the sacrifice of Jesus--why was it needed? Or, was it because mankind rejected slavery in Eden and wanted liberty? Remember, did joke-hova put itself at hardship for you? If not, why do it for that thing?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Get an education, training, trade school, 1 or 2 year or 4 degree right out of high school. Do not go to Bethel or pioneer, do not look for positions in the congregation, do not fancy sisters who pioneer or expect to marry a prominent JW. Only hang out with casual sisters who will make the break with you when that time comes.....that's why your reading this.....right?

• milola
    milola

Man.....I read this stuff and all I can think is how fortunate for my parents that they didn't adhere to those ideas. My dad worked hard all his life and tho' they didn't encourage a college education they did suggest vocational school for all of their children. My brother actually got a teaching degree although he did it on his own they allowed him to live at home thru most of his college years. My mother just died and I know that they have a good sum of money saved and have a home that they most certainly are not leaving to the "society". I wonder why they were so different than so many of the stories I read on here. I am disfellowshipped as is my sister and they didn't shun us nor did the people at the hall during my mothers memorial service a week ago. Maybe they figured if they were nice I would come back. Doubtful that will happen since it has been the better part of 40 years that I have been out.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wasblind, great point. If even on JW reads this and wakes up you'll have won!

00DAD

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Take a look around your Hall, The senior citizen in that very same Hall was

told the same thing, and the end has yet to arrive

Or the cemetary

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Get educated, work hard and save, save, save. You will not regret it. You may be able to retire early (I hope to at 59, possibly 55).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit