What is WT policy on a persons deceased ashes?

by William Penwell 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I ask a question on my other post but I think it got lost. What is WT policy on what is approprate way of handling a person that is deceased ashes? The reason why I ask is because we are having a family disagreement of how to handle my fathers ashes.

• sir82
    sir82

Surprisingly, this is one of the few topics I've never seen discussed in a WT magazine or letter to elders.

I don't think they've ever expressed an opinion on this.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I think because the WT don't put high importance on the deceased person at the services and it’s all about the info commercial sell they seem to not put a high importance on the persons remains. My dub brother holds no importance on them and seems to think my dad’s remains should just be forgotten but I am thinking that his remains should be respected and memorialized in some special way. My dub sister thinks more along my line. That is why I ask if there is any borg policy on this matter.

• blondie
    blondie

Cremation is discussed and allowed..........I would expect you have to follow the local laws regarding what you do with the ashes.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My 'anointed' ex-SIL fertilised her rose bushess with her dad's ashes. a week after he was cremated.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

They frown on memorial stones here.

I scattered my Grandmother's ashes in the sea but 10 years prior to that they had been in my kitchen cupboard.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

NONE !

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

No BOE letters on the subject?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Has some-one asked a question on which there is actually no official JW policy?!

Can they decide for themselves?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

My JW Mom still has my JW Grandma Ashes in her home. Nobody has ever complained to my Mom about it as far as I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit