Blood Issue on Grey's Anatomy Tonight

by jamiebowers 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
  • sd-7
    sd-7

Well, it won't matter, you know. Especially if they're dumb enough to have a JW quote the King James Version of Leviticus like 'The Practice' did in their episode years ago. Even the slightest inaccuracy will shut down the JW brain there...but we'll see how it goes. Well, I might not. Probably won't even by home by 9:00. Got to get out of the house earlier...

--sd-7

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wait, Grey's Anatomy is still on TV?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you for letting us know about this episode Jamie!!! We recorded it so that we can watch it later. I love Sandra Oh, she is so beautiful!

• renderme
    renderme

That was a great episode.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"We are juggling all kinds of alternative measures, but nothing is as good as blood."

Hats off to the script writer!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

.....but your blood wouldn't save his life.. it would condem him.. living with it would be so much worse.. than dying without it

pretty much spot on... makes me think of oompa...

edit: they even said he's a Jehovahs witness

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Actually it did matter SD 7, I thought it was very well done, even had the JW kids friend asking if the family should be making those decisions for him because this friend never heard him say anything about the Jw's. and didn't think he really believed it. The victim was set at a perfect age, 19, and a doctor even said what did she know at the age of 19? (or 16, or 14, whatever age they are baptizing at now.) For not being written or directed by someone who was on the inside of the organization, I thought they did an excellent job bringing some critical issues to light and for the people in generel to think about.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

So the dog tags were a stretch. The family praying was all wrong. The quotes extracted above were spot on. A few Ex JWs would have polished the script. Yet this is how I was left feeling:

Watched a skater boy die on Grey's Anatomy tonight because his dog tags declared "Jehovah's Witness" meaning "no blood"
    Over the past decade tens of thousands of JWs have perished because of the no blood doctrine and policy of JWs. What nobody knows is JWs can now accept blood in all its parts not allowed before and in a certain order as long as it is not labeled "whole blood", so all those previous deaths (10s of thousands)were unwarranted.
    I shudder at the needless loss of life at the hands of 8 or so imperfect men(Governing Body) that claim to be the "mouthpiece of god" who make these erroneous policies that change with time and pressure from the outcries of humanists around the world that see them as the dangerous narcissists they are.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I worked in the medical field at a very high profile hospital for a little over 16 years. Back story. When I was 7 months pregnant with my one and only child, my Kaiser doctor said to me as I was lying naked from the waist down, that if my child needed blood that the hospital would get a court order and take my infant away and administer blood if needed. At the time I felt very angry, not because of what he said but because I felt exposed and caught off guard being half naked and his hand inside of me, I wrote a letter and had him removed from that department. When it came time to fill out the paperwork for the birth of my daughter I mentioned no where I was a JW and that I would not receive blood, not because of what the doctor had said to me but because I had to deal with the issue from the stand point of the hospital and doctors. Back to what I did for work, I had the opportunity to speak with parents of JW's that children needed blood or they would have their children removed and a court order would be given to give them blood, I was 8 months pregnant at the last time. Since I knew how the system worked on both ends, I was able to convince two out of three parents to give their children blood. One was taken away, put in the states care and blood was given. I remember being so angry at those parents and the men in suits that were with them, that I even threw the paperwork at them as I left the room. The show tonight touched on the adult, over the age of 18, I wish it had gone into the children and newborns that need blood to survive, so that the still ignorant and brainwashed JW's could see even deeper what harm they cause their children. Now being far from JW's other then my mother, who is an amazing woman and still loves me, my daughter and my extended family, I get angry and very sad at how easy it was for parents to say, "I look forward to seeing my child in new system" and not give the child proper medical care. Now that the blood issue is no longer such an issue, I wonder if my actions were null and void and all my reasoning and hard work was in vain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit