Service Dept VS Writing Dept

by Socrateswannabe 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

I have seen it alluded to in various posts that there is a major rift between the Service and Writing departments at the World HQ. For those of you in the know, please explain what is going on, who the players are, what turf are they battling over, who is winning, and the consequences of all of this. I am intrigued but I know nothing about it. Thank you.

• OccupyJehovahsWitnesses
    OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

ooo ditto, I would be interested to know.

• Gayle
    Gayle

at the annual meeting,,it was stated there were 70 checkpoints to publication,,legal dept no doubt involved,,and then all 8 GB have to vote to make sure the holy spirit was able to get at least 2/3 of them for a majority in agreement, so that service & writing mostly agree etc.,,no wonder they have had to dumb dow & simplify,otherwise,,nothing would get don.e

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

yeah, my bet is on who ever has the most lawyers in their pocket. Executive branch: GB Legisistative branch: Writing department Judicial branch: Service Dept. If there is a rift i can totally see why. Service has to answer for the crazy writing and GB come up with.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Don’t expect any new revelations of future events with this current model. The only changes to come about from this staff are damage control issues, such things as 1914 and the generation teachings. The new light about the toes revealed their limited ability to agree on future events hinted by prophecy.

If you had a new concept to tell the GB what would it be? Would they consider it for a vote?

Here’s a crazy one that came to mind for entertainment purposes: All those resurrected on earth have to be birthed out of the womb during the thousand year reign. I got this idea from the movie called Village of the Damned. So then you will be born again. That would be freaky. The Service department would explode with this one.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

20-30 years ago it used to be Swingle versus Jaracz. But now?

• tijkmo
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

why won't copy and paste work

• Fernando
    Fernando

Ctrl + C (for copy)

Crtl + V (for paste)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hallelujah!

Maybe another outbreak of the "gospel of grace" and anti-legalism as during "Franzgate 1980"?

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit