Molested By a Governing Body Member Interview with Mark Palo

by BlindersOff1 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• whathappened
    whathappened

Mr. Palo seems credible to me. Thanks for reminding us of just another JW scandal, one that we often forget about, the child molester and gay governing body members.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

We have to bring these things up regularly for all the lurkers and newbies

I urge members to scour the archives of JWN and bump quaility info to the top

• Violia
    Violia

So many people have been abused in so many ways by the wts. Some of them seem pretty "nutty" and not at all credible. Abuse of any kind can have mental and emotional consequences. It really bothers me to have folks deciding if someone is credible or not. This is just another way to blame the victim.

some folks don't make it through the abuse and it leaves permanent emotional and mental illness.

" say a prayer for the brokenhearted

toll a bell for our sons and daughters"

• Violia
    Violia

bttt

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

It would be a must if someone could track where "bro Leo" was shipped to, and get some actual report from the congregation where he served at, what he did there, etc, and what ultimately came to be of him.

Eden

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"track where "bro Leo" was shipped to,"

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information, indeed I always view these kind of accounts with caution...although with this much smoke there must be some fire somewhare. But this link is interesting.

http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/governing-body-members-behaving-badly.html

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I do know that the Highly-Respected-Sometimes-Hated-Tell-It-Like-It-Is-Presiding-Overseer-Elder-Man Robert Gallaty (who was formerly my FIL ugggh) took in Leo for a couple months at his home shortly after he was "retired" from the GB.

He fondly told me a couple stories of how intelligent LG was, how he could read an entire WT mag in 15 minutes, blah blah blah. (I personally think that was simply bc so much in the Washtowel is regurgitated from previous years)

He also said once Leo gave a comment at the WT study about Balaam's donkey being stubborn and said with a laugh (in this high-pitched, lilting voice) that the reason was because "He was a silly ass hehe" and then clapped his hand over his mouth in (I think mock) embarassment.

Eldur Gallaty then ended the story by saying, "I have no idea what he did to get sent home...(long pause)...and I don't wanna know."

Once I found out just how sick that above comment by my highly Ree-spehhhk-tid FIL was it literally turned my stomach.

• Violia
    Violia

Leo was in Louisiana at some point.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I recall Leo Greenlees giving a talk at a district converntion and he had on a light lime green suit with white shoes on. You think he is gay?

That.....or a Celtic's fan.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Mark Palo's letter here seems to differ from Rick's interview ...

http://www.dannyhaszard.com/sexabuse/palo.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit