At least I am not going to die soon

by zed is dead 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Had a bit of a scare today. I just was going to get some meds refilled, but I was having a panic attack when they checked my vitals. They insisted I go to my Doctor immediately. Fortunately, I had calmed down by then, and my BP was back in normal range.

But there for a while, they almost convinced me I was gonna die, which didn't help.

Here for a while longer,

zed

• Satanus
    Satanus

I heard that the bp level that is considered as dangerous was lowered, so as to allow them to sell more medication. I heard also, that natural remedies like exercising, meditation and diet can do wonders.

S

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I was 201/98 during the panic attack. After a xanax to calm down, I was back at 157/72, which is where I normally am. I have never had problems with high blood pressure, so that shocked me.

Has anyone else had BP spikes when in a similar situation?

This is all new to me.

zed

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Zed is Alive!

Happy to hear it Zed

• poppers
    poppers

Try some sympathetic breathing to lower your bp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFX9Wn70eM

Here's a couple of videos on using meditation to lower it:

http://www.ehow.com/video_8068664_meditation-lower-blood-pressure.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wAe2k52L8

• Pickler
    Pickler

It's called " white coat syndrome" when someones BPs spike when in medical environments, due to stress/worry etc. Yours sounds scary high.

mine is normally low 120/60, but I was in hospital with a family member & staff took my BP (just foolin around) and it was much higher than normal. It shocked me because I wasn't even conscious of feeling anxious :) but my body was reacting

• jgnat
    jgnat

Blood pressure spikes all the time. You just don't want to stay in the stratosphere.

• flipper
    flipper

ZED- Hey buddy, just saw this last night before going to sleep. Jesus Christ man. 201/98 is pretty damned high. And if your pressure is running normally 157/72 that is too high for a normal running blood pressure my dear friend. My normal used to be 145/85 to 90 and my doc said I was borderline high and he put me on a small dose of regular blood pressure medicine which I still take.

Might be a good idea to get your pressure checked by a doc and get his recommendation. We want you with us for a long time dude ! Gotta do some jammin' on the guitar together once you make it out to Calif. some time ! We love you lots so do yourself and bro and sis a favor and get it checked dear friend ! Let's talk soon ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Glad your still kickin Zed !

you asked :Has anyone else had BP spikes when in a similar situation? OH YES !!! I have been treated for high blood pressure since my thirties (it runs in my family ) But even on meds when I am anxious ,which I especially get in medical environments , my BP shoots sky high ! When I was being prept for surgery the nurse kept telling me she hoped I didn't stroke out on her ...that didn't help btw. This last surgery I told them about my anxiety before hand so they gave me something to take right away, and things went much better .

I also found some relaxation music videos on you tube to listen to when I get anxious ,and they seem to really help .

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is also a monitor you can wear for a day that randomly tests your blood pressure. As BP varies quite a bit during the day, this test can see how often you are spiking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit