For the Faders...

by Kool Jo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

This is for my fellow faders...just checking to see how it is going for ya'll?

I know it can be tough...my fade has been going well thus far...hopefully it remains the same!

People may think of you differently...as being distracted...no longer loving Jehovah...giving in to the world ect...

Now I couldn't care less what any of them think of me...I went into town a few days go where some JW's were doing street work at the local market and I walked by them like they never even existed

Peace

Kool Jo

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

Wow. My goal. Have you moved form you original area? Do you attend at all anymore?

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Yes...I've moved away from my "home" congregation and have been traveling...this is a part of my job! My parents weren't too supportive because i was suppose to remain a MS & help build up the congregation...

I do turn in FS hours, but don't go out in the ministry...my publisher card is at my home congregation....I told them not to send it after me because I do lots of traveling...with regards to meetings, I come on here for any updates!

Ironically, I prayed that I got a job where I could be away from "home"...

Peace,

Kool Jo

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

Ahh, that seems like a nice way to go. I remember wanting a job like that in the past, for the money, and fun. I looked at a few, and had good chances, but turned away from them realizing it would be bad spiritually. sigh...

I think I need to leaev my home cong, but I'm not sure how much suspision that would cause if I just changed congs without moving.... Anyone do that? Just move to another close one? I have at least 8 that are close. I think if I change, and then slowly stop going maybe that would work? Maybe change again? Or would the CO notice the moves, and hour reduction? Am I being paranoid?

• whathappened
    whathappened

I abruptly stopped going to meetings about two years ago. Since I was all but ignored when I was in, I have had little problems. When I see witnesses, I act like I don't recognize them. It''s working so far!

• SophieG
    SophieG

I think my fade is going okay.

I stopped meetings late spring of last year and never looked back. I told an close elder friend of mine to just leave me alone. I am happy, I am not bothering anyone and I just want to live in peace. So far no calls or visits from any elder in my hall. And I was pretty popular.

My family is "feeling it". I act like nothing has changed. They seem to be okay, so far.

Happy Fading!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have been fading for 3 years now but as I never go out locally but always in my car I have avoided all contact with witnesses.

I am moving house soon and was hoping to relocate to an area no-one knew me but it is looking more likely I will be staying in the same area. I will have shops literally on my doorstep so might easily be bumping into some in the very near future.

I will plan several different responses for such occasions. Some for those who recognise me and some for those who do not.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@whichwaytogo: I don't know the nature of your situation...but are you in a position where you could apply for a job that requires traveling (wether locally or internationally)?

If the circumstances are right, then moving to another area can be justified, without raising too much suspicion. However if you move, they'll perhaps want to send your publisher card to the congregation/area you'll be moving to.

If you move away & keep a low profile in your new area, you may be able to fade just fine. In my experience, the CO nor DO asked for me after i stepped down as an MS and moved away!

Peace

Kool Jo

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

WhichWay2go: It's very easy to move to another cong in the same area without moving your house.

All it takes is one person who is a known gossip. Tell the gossip you’ve had a quarrel of a personal nature with someone in the cong and that you feel the best solution would be to move halls so as not to cause disharmony. Never give an indication as to whom or the reason why and it will be taken that you are a very spiritual person and not one to gossip. Worked for me.

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

A job change is possible, but I hate to think they can force me to do that. I have moved up in the company am doing quite well for having no college ( surprise surprise).

Kool Jo - what do you mean the co and do asked for you? They wanted to meet? Did you still attend at the time?

My thought it to change congs, attend for few months and taper down. Then maybe change again, and continue the low attendance till it is nothing.I don't know how much they look at card details. I previous co once said in a meeting that several congs in the area had several families move in and immediately go inactive, and commented in how odd it was. I remember thinking, yup odd. Haha.

Cadskin- interesting thought. Is till don't know what will happen after. I'm more worried since I'm a longtime ms...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit