Comment on this MAP of America's most BIBLE-MINDED cities

by Terry 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
  • Terry
    Terry

Somebody with patience might want to look at how many Kingdom Halls in each state compares to bible-mindedness!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I really don't know how someone comes up with this kind of a list...isn't it about like "America's friendliest cities" or "America's best garden cities" or such?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

As a resident of #6 on the list I can attest that it's true. I had lived up in New England where nobody talked about church or the bible, so it was a major culture shock when I heard people freely discussing religion, prayer meetings, church services, and the bible everywhere I went. I rode public transportation here for 6 years before I got a car, so I got an earful riding the bus.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It would be interesting to know what their criterion is for "Bible mindedness." The first city I looked for was Grand Rapids, because some of the bigger Bible publishers are headquartered there. I'd have expected it to at loeast be in the top 10. However, it came in at only #35. I wonder what makes Knoxville #1?

• Terry
    Terry
    American Bible Society ranks cities' Bible-mindedness

www.newsnet5.com/.../american-bible-society-ranks-cities-bible-min... 3 days ago – The American Bible Society has ranked the nation's most, and least, "Bible- Minded Cities."

The society's Geoffrey Morin says the rankings are based on the percentage of citizens who read the Bible at least once a week and believe in the accuracy of the Scriptures.

• Tater-T
  • jgnat
  • soontobe
    soontobe

87.5% of statistics are just made up.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know about your map, but if you look at USA presidential election voting results maps, almost every major city in the USA will vote democrat and the rural areas more often will vote republican. Unless it's Salt Lake City, I think most major cities are going to be more secular. Not that democrats are all secular. To me, secular means behavior more so than claims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit