I found this paragraph in the Watchtower study to be so ridiculous and offensive......

by Pyramid Scheme 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Usually I read through the study article for the week to see if there are good points of discussion with my family.

When I read this paragraph, I nearly fell off my chair. This is complete and utter garbage. I have had discussions with my wife and other family members who ALSO agreed it was complete rubbish. (Yes, you could say the whole thing is garbage...but this was over the top)

11/15/2012 WT "Forgive One Another Freely"

Paragraph 16 - "In accord with Jehovahs's will, Christian elders have been entrusted with the responsibility of wrongdoing in the congregation. These brothers do not have the full insight that God does, but they aim to make their decision harmonize with the direction given in God's Word under the guidance of Holy Spirit. Hence, what they decide in such matters after seeking Jehovah's help in prayer will reflect his point of view" - Matt 18:18.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????

What this says is "Elders are imperfect men and are not inspired . However, since they say a prayer and ask for God's holy spirit, they are telling you exactly what Jehovah would say on the matter."

Listen, Obey, and be Blessed

• blondie
    blondie

Both Sides of Mouth technique (BSOM)

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Blondie,

I hadn't gotten a chance to read your study review before I posted.....I loved your comments!!

These brothers do not have the full insight that God does = yet they say that they could have pronounced a death sentence on adulterers

So how does the holy spirit convey God’s knowledge of that individual’s mind and heart, are they inspired like the prophets of old like Nathan and Jeremiah?

http://jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/245308/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-01-27-2013-FORGIVE-ANOTHER

• Splash
    Splash

What if the elders are not in full agreement, who, then, is reflecting Jehovahs point of view?

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's all control.

It's all a load of old cobblers.

One of the things that helped wake me up was the inerrant desicion at JC. God decides through the elders then 7 days are given for appeal.

It's nothing but business practice.

It's all about control!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Why can you challenge and sometimes rarely win then?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We're not qualified, nor are we inspired, but God talks through us.

That is the biggest load of crazy ever

• jgnat
    jgnat

Like Paul's mirror, reflecting darkly. So how is an elder's insight any better than your own conscience?

• pixel
    pixel

Splash asked: What if the elders are not in full agreement, who, then, is reflecting Jehovahs point of view?

I reply: The majority wins and the one that can twist more arms!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Elders have "responsibility for wrongdoing in the congregation"? It figures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit