NOAH’S BIBLICAL FLOOD ACTUALLY HAPPENED, SAYS FAMED ARCHEOLOGIST WHO FOUND THE TITANIC

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/11/noahs-biblical-flood-actually-happened-says-famed-archeologist-who-found-the-titanic/

"The story of Noah's ark and its associated flood continues to be retold to children and studied by theologians, alike. While some dismiss it as a mere fable, others believe wholeheartedly that the event literally unfolded, with a massive down-pouring of water ravaging the earth at God's command. Among those who believe that Noah's flood was a very real historical occurrence is Robert Ballard, one of the world's most famed archaeologists.

Ballard, known for finding the Titanic, is now searching for evidence of one of history's most talked-about events. Unlike other investigators who have their minds set on finding the actual ship, Ballard and his team have gone to Turkey to search for clues and evidence that corroborates the notion that a flood wiped away civilization thousands of years ago.".... Read the rest at the website.

I don't remember anyone posting a thread on Robert Ballard's quest to find evidence for the Flood.

We are challenged to believe with faith, this does not help the skeptic or human who has pondered the suffering of humanity or the problem of evil. I wish Jehovah had left the "ark" frozen at the top of one of these mountains, if there was a giant Ark burried under the snow of Everest, would you believe in the Bible again or would you think it was a hoax? What amount of evidence would it take to regain your faith in the Bible?

What of the "Giants of Genesis" if a fifteen to eighteen foot human hybrid was found, would it take more than one for you to accept the Genesis account? How much evidence would it take for your believe in God to be revived? I had skeptics tell me "I would only accept God if he made me God, if he made me God, he would no longer be God, therefore God can't exist! If God can't make me God, he is not God!" How can you win with a circular reasoning fallacy? I hate that argument that makes no sense.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

what a joke

he says it actually happened...and has gone to Turkey to find evidence.

Should it not be the other way around??...evidence then the claim?

i think he will find a turkey in the mirror

oz

• talesin
    talesin

Not quite ....

[bold is mine]

Ballard says he can’t claim to have found Noah’s old neighborhood. But he does know now that around 7,000 years ago, the region was hit by a very big flood.

“Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level,” he told ABC News, “But a really big flood that then stayed … The land that went under stayed under.”

Here’s how he explains it. Around 12,000 years ago, much of the world was covered with glaciers. When they began to melt, excess water rushed into the earth’s oceans and caused disastrous floods.

So in 5,000 B.C., the Black Sea was just a freshwater lake. As the Mediterranean Sea rose, seawater flooded into the Black Sea with a force 200 times that of Niagara Falls, the Guardian reports.

“It probably was a bad day,” Ballard told ABC News. “At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land (or 58,000 square miles, about the size of Illinois), went under.”

He guesses that the flood must have been a catastrophic event for the ancient civilization that lived along the shores of the Black Sea. The theory is that the survivors of this flood passed the story from mouth to mouth, over generations.

Some believe that this may have inspired the story of Noah’s ark. In Genesis, the first book of the Bible, God rescues Noah from the perils of a disastrous flood by instructing him to build an ark. The story tells us that Noah and his family entered the ark, along with two of every species of animals in the world, and emerged 40 days later.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/explorer-bob-ballard-finds-proof-ancient-flood-article-1.1220407#ixzz2JFh1PZXz

t

• heathen
    heathen

trying to prove anything from the bible is difficult , no one can prove moses or the exodus , I think the flood story is just as hard if not harder but at least he's not wasting his time chasing loch ness monster or chupa cabre stories .LOL sounds interesting to me

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Here's more to the same story, adding the theory of the Black Sea was not salt water.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-biblical-great-flood-noahs-time-happened/story?id=17884533#.UMc6KJPjlqe

"...

"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods," Ballard said.

According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path.

Fascinated by the idea, Ballard and his team decided to investigate.

"We went in there to look for the flood," he said. "Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level, but a really big flood that then stayed... The land that went under stayed under."

Four hundred feet below the surface, they unearthed an ancient shoreline, proof to Ballard that a catastrophic event did happen in the Black Sea. By carbon dating shells found along the shoreline, Ballard said he believes they have established a timeline for that catastrophic event, which he estimates happened around 5,000 BC. Some experts believe this was around the time when Noah's flood could have occurred. ..."

Two more pages of interesting material I think, I thought it was a nice change up piece!

• cedars
    cedars

I assume he doesn't support the notion of a worldwide flood - otherwise why would he need to go to Turkey?

Cedars

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Cedars he mentions his area in Conn, USA being covered with ice. The issue is can God step into the Metaphysical Realm, I could have put Noah's ark in a "Time Vortex" where outside time speed up and inside it remained constant. I have no idea how he did this, I wish he left more pieces to the giant puzzle we know as Life.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Cedars, why is it hard for people to think God who created the rules of this Universe can't bend them from time to time? We know nothing of the reality we are living in, nothing really in the vast space and time. I love sci-fy, I don't have issues with God changing things "dark matter", "anti-matter", matter". Why would a small flood on a tiny stone cause the creator of the Universe any trouble? It seems petty to think he could not do anything he wants to do, accept create a rock he can't move. Stargate SGU, the ancients ascended into a body of light and energy. Space Ody 2001 same thing, they makers of the monolith had ascended into "light beings" too. We imagine in scify what God really is.

• talesin
    talesin

You are cherry-picking your quotes.

He is postulating that there was a catastrophic flood that took place in a specific region, not a global flood.

To repeat what I quoted above:

He guesses that the flood must have been a catastrophic event for the ancient civilization that lived along the shores of the Black Sea. The theory is that the survivors of this flood passed the story from mouth to mouth, over generations.

Some believe that this may have inspired the story of Noah’s ark.

If you want to maintain credibility, then stick to the FACTS.

tal

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AA why would a god who can do anything bother with a flood. If I could simply kill someone with a thought why would I bother with a ridiculously destructive and pointless natural event . Some people see the boxing day tsunami as an act of god. What is evident is that where religious thought is there will be a reimagining of natural events as voodoo magic. Floods occur all the time. Any one could have been a cataclysm for an imagined global flood with magic causes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit