Public Talk today!

by MinisterAmos 7 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I attended the meeting today, and I just wanted to share my observation of whaty I consider to be part of the hypocrisy inherant to all organized religion. One of the things I hate most about the JWs is the way they point fingers at others while calling them "worldly" or "not Christians" while quietly doing the same thing that they accuse everyone else of.

One of the local Elders gave the talk about forgiveness to relate with today's study topic. One of the Scriptures he quoted and emphasized was Psalms 15:5 which, paraphrased, asks and answers the question: "O Lord , who shall sojourn in your vtent?" After many examples it closes with "(one) who does not put out his money at interest".

On the not-bulletin board in back containing the congregation's finances there is a notation for how much interest they earned from lending their money to the bank, who lent it to others at higher rates.

They are blissfully unaware, and content in their denial.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Are you still in or was this a random meeting attendance?

I actually attended the meeting today. Haven't been to one in a few years. My stepdad was giving the talk and him and my mom wanted to take me out to lunch afterwards so I agreed. I had to keep from laughing during the WT study as one of the sister's who commented about being forgiving is the least forgiving sister I ever knew.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Like the Jews, they can charge interest to "worldlys" for business purposes, they are just not to charge interest to the poor "fellow" Jew who needs assistance.

My experience is DO NOT LOAN money to a fellow JW. GIVE IT TO HIM. The results are the same.

Doc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The hypocrisy is blatant and consistent. I remember how consistently the witlesses bash the Pharisees. The witlesses are not supposed to be like the Jews, who supposedly rejected the chance to make up the whole 144,000. Rather, they are supposed to be pure Christians.

Then they turn around and act like Pharisees. They act like the very Jews they bash so much. Justice is not carried out, and they pick on little things. You get hounded for things as insignificant as tithing of spices. Yet, they turn the other way when major events show up--pedophiles who are threatened with disfellowshipping, lying under oath, and in too many cases even murder of their own. You see something like that, they will turn the other way while looking for people that have a bright red book bag or whose suit is Astaroth green or Satanic blue or red. (Or anywhere near that--try going to a boasting session wearing an emerald green or ruby red suit and see what the hounders say about it.)

Worst of all, they are dishonest. If they wish to practice a Jewish or mixed Jewish/Christian religion, so be it. But they should be honest about it so prospective new members get to know what they are getting into before they are committed. This outward bashing of the Jews while practicing forms of Judaism they are bashing is what is dishonest, drawing honest people into the cancer only to trap them there after they find they are practicing what the religion openly bashed. This hypocrisy is why the religion needs to be shut down. And doing that by 1872 would not be such a bad idea.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Good Evening MinisterAmos ,

Do you go to the Hall very often?

When I think about going to the Hall, I feel like I'm getting sick. So much hypocricy , back stabbing, gossipping , lording it over the Flock. Not love.

I saw my old Circuit O's wife at Walmart earlier this week. I told her going to the Hall is impossible for me, but that I keep up to date with JW.org. Except, what I didn't tell her, is I can only look at it for a minute or so, before I want to throw up.

I appreciate ones like you that have an iron stomach and are able to go and come back here and let us know what the latest is. I would like to go, but I cannot.

Just Lois

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

Thanks for sharing the experience!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The thought about not charging interest was in the day when inflation wasn't an issue. Think about it, if you lended $1,000.00 to somebody, and at the end of the year the inflation rate was 2%, are you really getting back what you lended if the borrower only gave you back that amount? Your money has depreciated by 2%. So there was a time that the Society gave Mortgage loans that reflected the inflation rate to the congregations. Today, the inflation rate is really minimal, so no interest is being charged on the mortgages.

If you just left your money in the bank without any interest, you would lose it's value. Inflation is a menace.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Willful blindness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit