Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-27-2013 (FORGIVE ANOTHER)

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ain't nothin' like a hot cup of coffee while I read the Blondies' comments thread

• caliber
    caliber

thanks Blondie..... I love this article

http://www.umass.edu/fambiz/articles/resolving_conflict/meaningful_apology.html

A meaningful apology is one that communicates what I call the three R's--regret, responsibility, and remedy.

...a meaningful apology must contain the three R's to actually mean anything, to accomplish concrete peace of heart and mind

Certainly true sorrow and forgiveness can not come about simply by imposed humilation of sitting silently

at the kingdom hall for at least a year. Forgiveness is a very personal thing to have meaning ..so is it between us and God or another individual ?

Different kinds of forgiveness
    1)The first kind of forgiveness is judicial forgiveness

2)The second kind of forgiveness is ongoing forgiveness from God, which happens throughout the life of a believer. There is a vertical forgiveness which is received from God when the believer makes a prayer of confession of sin

3) The third kind of forgiveness occurs when a Christian reveals a spirit of forgiveness towards unbelievers who have been cruel to him. One example of this is Stephen who asked God not to lay the sin of murder against those who were putting him to death

4)The fourth kind of forgiveness is family forgiveness, a horizontal forgiveness which is bestowed by one believer on another. This type of forgiveness is mentioned several times in the New Testament (Ephesians 4:32

There is confusion at the Kingdom Hall in recognizing the difference between vertical and horizontal forgiveness

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I too have an issue with the way par 16 reads. It state that the elders, when handling judicial matters involving wrongdoing, ‘aim to make their decision harmonize with the direction given in God’s Word under the guidance of holy spirit’. That is a load of crap!

Elders’ decisions on whether to disfellowship or not are based on the guidelines given from Mother in the 142 paged ‘Shepherd The Flock Of God’ book… not the Bible!

For example: What happens when a judicial committee of 3 men is unable to reach a unanimous conclusion on whether to disfellowship or not? Page 96 paragraph 16 says that ‘the minority should give support to decision reached by the majority’. By my math it looks like each and every Judicial Committee of 3 elders has at least a 33% chance that a decision may be reached in error.

Makes one wonder: Of the hundreds of thousands of JW Judicial Committees formed over the years, how many decisions were reached in error, in other words where the minority had to give in to the majority.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Having softened them up last week, The whole tone of this is to tell 'em how they have to forgive...Para 1 Q was "Why is it appropriate to consider your willingness to forgive?"

O K , but after twelve paragraphs of that we read "Under some circumstances it would be inappropriate to have fellowship with certain people", ie the disfellowshipped.....but if the elders reinstate your ex,with his new wife,you must "keep asking Jehovah to help You cultivate forgiveness"....because the elders have so decided !

Of course it is stated in para 16 that "They aim to make their decision harmonize with the direction given in Gods word under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Hence what they decide in such matters after seeking Jehovah's help in prayer will reflect his point of view" The cited scripture is Mathew 18:18:

"18 “Truly I say to YOU men, Whatever things YOU may bind on earth will be things bound in heaven, and whatever things YOU may loose on earth will be things loosed in heaven. "

So, if the elders say so... accept it, or be at odds with God himself! The odd thing is that a child-molester, or adulterer can gain "forgiveness" but if you or I were to go down there and speak our minds, would they ever forgive us? Would our families be allowed to forgive us, no matter how they felt at heart?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit