REINSTATED AND STILL SHUNNED!

by new boy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Isn't rather silly to let someone else tell you who you *cannot* and who you *must* associate with?!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    In the "real" world shunning exists.

I concur. Which neatly underscores that JWs, far from being anything specially chosen by or from gawd or anything "not of this world", are just like everyone else on the planet and the way their gangreligioncult(ure) operates, rather than being anything specially inspired of god, simply follows the same basic group dynamics as any other human collective.

• new light
    new light

This happened to me. After reinstatement, nine years after the dfing, the more sincere folks were relatively warm toward me, but the popular, cliquey types merely tolerated me. If my brother was not highly ranked in the circle as he was, they probably would have not even acknowledged my presence. Oh well.

What really irks me is that a 45 year old scumbag who actually diddled his teenaged stepdaughter 2 or 3 years ago is freely associating with my brother and others. JWs have no individual consciences, and this proves it in graphic detail. Because this child molester is not currently sanctioned by the BOE, he is a "good guy". In the real world, this individual would be run out of town, and with good reason. Meanwhile, I (a non-pedophile) have not heard from my brother or any of his friends in years. Ya, great religion, guys!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

One of the goobers I used to hang with was df'ed right before I left. (well HE was df'ed his wife was df'ed my best friend at the time was df'ed a young pioneer sister was df'ed and one other guy was df'ed all on the same night... I actually burst out laughing half way through the list as they read it...)

Anyway all of them were out for years the wife is now an apostate (even has a user name on here but doesnt use it much) my bf at the time is going on 7 years in the army and is in Iraq (go George you rock brother!) the young pioneer 'moved away' I've no idea if she went back... Probably did. Anyway the main goober was out for about 4 years. Got into real trouble. Drugs guns I don't know all the 'ins and outs' but he found Jehovah one night when he woke up in the hospital jail (where they take patients who are injured but are still under arrest) having been stabbed a couple times pretty good... Anyway he started back to the meetings and in what seemed to me a very short time (I'm thinking he must have still been going through withdrawal symptoms) he was reinstated. He immediately put the moves on and married a pretty attractive little redneck rich elders daughter and seemed to be doing well... Then some of the young people he was hanging out with got into trouble. Now according to him he wasn't even involved. And the young people were doing what MOST young witnesses do but the elders blamed him. Now he couldn't get invited to a hot dog roast in hell! He might as well be a leper as far as the witnesses are concerned. Both him and his young wife have stopped attending. They are both still 'in' but are inactive.

Witnesses are EXTREMELY judgmental and also have built massive mental barriers to protect themselves. One barrier is that teenagers never just behave like teenagers someone must have PUSHED them into it. Just like no one ever leaves because of doctrine it's either because you want to be wicked or your an apostate trying to start your own church... Same with moral issues. People never just say "wow she's hot I think I'll try to hit that" It's always "who put that idea in your head?"

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Good new.... my friend Kip, who this story was about is now out of the "tooth" also.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Nice to hear he has found his way out! That's great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit