Life Never Ceases To Amuse Me, What Is My Role?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 10 Replies latest social family

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I get a letter from a long lost family member requesting money to help someone who helped destroy my relationship with my father before he died. Dad believed the lies this drug addict spread, and I was out of State on business. Most of my life this person has brought nothing but evil and caused many problems that will never be solved in this world. What makes this person think I am willing to give them money when they have brought nothing but pain and heartbreak to my life? The best times I had with this person were when they stayed out of my life for twenty years. Now that they have no money, they are trying to make a road back into my life, using pity, guilt (this person never spent a penny on their children, the most self-absorbed human being, looking for anyone to con or steal from).

Should I not respond to the letters and phone calls and pretend they don't exist? Why do I have any emotion inside of me after all the evil and family destruction they did to me?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Should I not respond to the letters and phone calls and pretend they don't exist?'

Absolutely!! Unless you want more of the same. When are you gonna learn? That they think that youre an a&&hole for doing that is a small price to pay. Scammers scam. As they get older, they get better at it. They might be a little slower to spring the trap, perhaps watch their prey for a while.

S

• lost1
    lost1

Totally agree with Satanus. Why open up a can of worms? Do it once they will think they are forgiven and probably keep coming back for more. Been there done it - just ignore them or if they persist tell them firmly no and not to contact you again. Delete any emails/texts and ignore calls. Best scammers/con men (or women) use the guilt trick. They are scum! Rant over...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DON'T BE A SUCKER!

(Next time they'll want you to swallow too!)

Doc

• 00DAD
    00DAD

People can and do change.

What proof is there that this person has?

ÁrbolesdeArabia: Why do I have any emotion inside of me after all the evil and family destruction they did to me?

Because you are a good person with a decent conscience and a beautiful heart.

That being said, they're son reason you should let them take advantage of you.

Why should you help them? Have they done anything to acknowledge the pain they've caused you?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Thank you 00Dad and Satanus, I need to stop worrying about what people of my distant, ancient past think about. There is more to being family than genetics. Get this, the person hitting me up for money never spent a penny raising her own children allowing the father to raise them while she was high on anything she could get her hands own. Why should I allow her to weasle back into my life for one reason, money!

I don't want to be a SUCKER, thank's again for the Pep Talk, I needed it! The phone has been ringing off the hook asking to post "bond" "bail", thank you all for a boost of help when I was thinking something was wrong with me for not sending them cash as usual. Time to say no to codependancy! Kind thanks to all!

• Satanus
    Satanus

You're a better person for standing tall and shrugging off worries about what other, perhaps lesser persons might think of you.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The phone has been ringing off the hook asking to post "bond" "bail",

I ruined your life with your Dad..

I haven`t seen you in 20yrs..

I`m in Jail..Help!..

LOL!!..

..........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Outlaw and Satanus, thank's again!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yeah. I think you know what to do. Don't let stupid people doing stupid things bring you down with their stupidity

You've gotten good advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit