Just had an elder drop in for a visit

by biometrics 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

Just had an elder drop in for a visit. Asking why I hadn't been to the meetings for over two years. I told him there's a lot of things I don't agree with.

He started talking about how the Organization doesn't have everything correct and they're starting to acknowledge it. How the meeting format has changed, focusing less on 'details' and more on how to live a good life.

He also said it he doesn't like the term 'the truth', and thinks it's a presumptuous term, because they don't have 100% truth.

I kept it very short (because I already had other things planned).

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

they don't have 100% truth.

If they don't have 100% truth then they have NO truth.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If they don`t have everything correct and they dont have 100% truth then they are no better than every other man made religion .The same could be said for every other religion ,mormons, adventists,christadelphians , you name it . Oh ! they have the name of God they use , excuse me ? That is a name made up by a Catholic monk in the 13th century .

smiddy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How can they have the truth when it keeps changing? And that it keeps changing isn't even the worst--no matter how sound the religion is, enemy (joke-hovian) religions have corrupted it. Hence, research and experimentation are required to bring out the real truth or clarify it.) The real problem is that they insist on staying within what they currently regard as "the truth". As if it is absolute. You have problems with the "current truth", they are not there to help out. Rather, they will harass you and beat you into abiding by and teaching the current "truth(??)" until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself fixes it (or makes an even worse one; then you abide by and teach the even worse doctrine).

It is this "Follow the celestial chariot no matter what" attitude that does the most damage. They are wrong, you see where they are wrong, you can prove it using their own LIE-ble that they are wrong, you still must teach the bad doctrine. You fix the bad doctrine so it makes sense, you are "running ahead of the celestial chariot". At least with Satan, you don't worry about that--you see the problem (and, thanks to enemy religions and joke-hova, there are going to be problems), you work on fixing it yourself, inform groups of these issues, and keep experimenting until the truth gradually clears itself up. No blind obedience to a ruling class and teaching bad doctrines until they themselves fix it.

For me, what happens when joke-hova drives that celestial chariot away from where I wish to go? This has happened to me all the time. Now, this resembles being on a road. Say, you are on NH Route 16 and 302. You wish to reach Attitash, which is in Bartlett NH. The driver makes a bad turn, heading eastbound 302. You know for a fact that, if the driver keeps on going, he will reach Maine. Your destination is in New Hampshire, and Route 16 is closer to Maine than to Attitash. You correct the driver, who stubbornly stays on eastbound 302, even speeding up. Eventually, you reach Maine, and still no corrections. The driver actually wanted to go to Portland, Maine after promising you Attitash--and the whole trip is nothing more than a snoozefest. To me, joke-hova continually does this to me--steering my life away from where I want to go, and speeding up in the wrong direction on purpose when I try to correct the issue.

Any wonder why I prefer Satan?

• Heaven
    Heaven

He also said it he doesn't like the term 'the truth', and thinks it's a presumptuous term, because they don't have 100% truth.

Wow, that's a dangerous statement for an elder to make. Do the other elders know he thinks this? I'm thinkin' he is gonna be having shepherding calls/discussions if he lets that out.

• hoser
    hoser

He is either watering it down to get you back, or he is saying these things in the hopes that you will agree and setting a trap for you to fall into.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the thing. Why did he start rattling off everything he could think of as soon as you said the word "doubts"? There's two reasons this disturbs me. First of all, he did not take the time to listen to what your concerns are (Perhaps for you, that is a good thing). Without listening there can be no understanding. Without understanding there can be no reconciliation.

The scecond thought is that he just listed off his chief doubts.

Yup, just any other old church. Nothing special about them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Be careful my friend. Saying that the organization makes mistakes, and that the GB is not infallible, the WT contains errors, and that we can't claim to have 100% truth, are they exact words that had my privliges removed, the CO involved, and the suspicion of apostasy attached to my name. When that Elder has not gone to a meeting for 2 years, then maybe you can trust him.

Were you really close before? I mean really close, not JW close where they won't talk to you for weeks and then act all worried and excited about you? I mean a real friend who calls you, just because, with no agenda. If not, then be careful. I could have spoke my mind and been DF'd very quickly. If that is not your goal then I would be extremely vague.

• flipper
    flipper

BIOMETRICS- Wow. Sounds like the elders are really groveling these days to try to reach people even admitting they don't totally have the " truth ". Well, don't get sucked in by him, it's probably just a ploy to get you to come back. Keep avoiding him , eventually they'll stop bugging you or trying to contact you. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

HOSER: He is either watering it down to get you back, or he is saying these things in the hopes that you will agree and setting a trap for you to fall into.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

I suppose there is the possibility that he has begun to see TTATT and is testing you to see if you might have that in common, but admitting that to a surprise visit Elder would be TOO HUGE of a risk (in case it's the "trap").

Just saying: I told him there's a lot of things I don't agree with. is enough to get you into deep sh!% with the wrong Elder.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit