Born-ins. What does this remind you of ?

by DATA-DOG 13 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Oregonians can be strange without realizing it. They had their very own guru from India some 30 years ago who bought up some ranch a couple hundred miles out in the desert from Portland, and people from all over the state were upset that the Bhagwan was "taking over" the state. The guy had rich followers and could have provided a lot of jobs and revenue to the staggering state, but they would not have any part of it.

One of their gripes was to blame Californians for the price of homes in Oregon going up. I told a woman, staring her right in the face, that Oregonians shouldn't charge the Californians such a high price for a home, that if they sold it for the lower price that they think it should be then the problem would not exist. She just stared at me uncomprehendingly as if I had just spoken in Greek or something, and babbled some irrational non answer.

• talesin
    talesin

It reminds me of a little 5 YO gurl, somewhat precocious, who was desperately trying to please her parents by knocking on strangers' doors and hawking magazines for a publishing company disguised as a religion.

It also reminds me that I am happy to be on the "do not call" list at the local Kingdumb Hell.

xo

tal

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

2 Train Children in Progressive Steps: Children deserve to be trained at a very early age to accompany their parents in the ministry. Before going in service, prepare your children to participate in a meaningful way. Determine in advance what you expect them to do at the door. Very young children can give out tracts and handbills and invite people to the Kingdom Hall. Young ones who read well can be invited to read scriptures at the door. They can offer the magazines, using a brief presentation. As they gain experience, train them to use the Bible in their presentation. Many young publishers have started their own magazine route and regularly make return visits. It is best for a child to work with an adult rather than with another youngster. The adult can explain to the householder that the young one is being trained in the ministry.

*** km 6/97 p. 3 par. 2 Parents—Train Your Children to Preach ***

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Too funny!

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit