I had two men call at my door today.

by iarts 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iarts
    iarts

I heard a knock at my front door.

Through the glass pane I could see two men. They wore badges bearing the name of a company that installs replacement windows.

I opened the door and before they had a chance to speak I said 'No thankyou' to them.

They replied 'Thankyou for your time'. Then they left and went to another house.

I didn't know all the details of what these men were selling. But I believed that I didn't need replacement windows, and I was unwilling to pay for them, even though I didn't know what the actual cost would be.

If circumstances had been different; if I had been a typical worldy householder, and they had been Jehovah's Witnesses, my actions would have deemed me deserving of everlasting destruction.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep, it isn't persecution or as we were all constantly told, it is just people are too busy living their lives to be bothered with annoying people knocking their doors.

BTW I hope everything is well you iarts!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i always wondered if the way ppl responeded to the jw at the door ment there life why have 6 years hand out a tract?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit