What do you think about new jw.org section for children:

by Nebeska Nada 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nebeska Nada
  • Nebeska Nada
  • Nebeska Nada
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

Sure, she can pray anytime… but she'll never hold a microphone.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I find the video and song encouraging children to pray any time, anywhere absolutely chilling Nebeska. Here we have a religion full of dysfunctional adults being encouraged to raise their children to talk in their heads to invisible people all day long. Mental illness waiting to happen. Poor kids!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Interestingly their is no mention of jesus

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Doesn`t the scriptures say that no one comes to the father ,except through jesus ? Where was jesus mentioned in this example .

smiddy

• ambersun
    ambersun

Just watched the video. Oh dear . As if the poor kids haven't got enough to contend with every day. They have already been made to throw away any toys their paranoid parents consider to be 'evil', because they 'make Jehovah sad', they are in fear of their schoolfriends offering them a birthday cupcake, as that will also 'make Jehovah sad', now they are being told to bow their heads and pray about everything they see or do throughout the day!! The poor little mites will be guilt tripped all day long, fretting over not remembering to pray every time they see a butterfly incase they have 'made Jehovah sad' again! I agree with what xanthippie said. It is indeed chilling!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Acts 11:26 " and after he found him,he brought him to Antioch.It thus came about that for a whole year they gathered together in the congregation and taught quite a crowd,and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called "CHRISTIANS "{ Not Jehovahs Witnesses .}

If ever their was an opportunity for GOD to identify his followers as Jehovah`s Witnesses this was it , but did he ? NO .Jesus, "DISCIPLES WERE BY DIVINE PROVIDENCE CALLED CHRISTIANS "

Jehovah`s Witnesses point to the scripture in Isa.43:10-12 for adopting that name . But think how long before Jesus came on the scene was this text written ? 500 years ,1000 years , 1500 Years ago ?Whatever the time span .Isaiah wrote this for the jews in his day .From then on did they ever identify themselves as Jehovah`s Witnesses ? Of course not, and neither did Jesus Christ ever identify himself or his followers as Jehovah`s Witnesses

but what jesus Christs , FOLLOWERS WERE IDENTIFIED AS ,WERE CHRISTIANS . Acts 11:26 by the holy spirit

smiddy

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I think the full name is Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.

That name indicates that we are witnesses of Christ but ultimately belong to God. I am sure we weren't always called that though and possibly "Christian" was inserted because so many said thought as we didn't celebrate xmas we didn't believe in Christ and this insertionproved we did, although allegedly might be a more appropriate word than prove.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit