1975 AWAKE!!! Predictions

by iamwhoiam 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The great false unscriptural but commercially viable prediction of 1975 saw the WTS.

peak published double in less than 10 years.

The most most potent growth for the WTS. in all its entire history.

Goes to show what a little fear mongering can do for a religious publishing house.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Wow!!

http://www.piotrandryszczak.pl/arty/book/Armageddon_in_1975.PDF

I re-post the link!! This is THE most complete 1975 booklet that I have EVER seen!!

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Marked.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I see they were still pushing the 7,000 year creative day then. What ever happened to that belief?

Notice that the referred to the 1914 generation as those who saw with an understanding what occured in 1914.

I distinctly remember reading and discussing these lies. Thanks for the memories.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Those of us their at that time can certainly remember the expectation, the buzz, and confidence that we had . Nobody believed that God would let his Org. be so publicly wrong ..........

This raises some very simple questions of logic. They teach categorically that they are speaking for God and Jesus.

Wt 2013 7/15 p20

"2 The timely spiritual food we receive is proof that Jesus, the Head of the congregation, is keeping his promise to feed us. Through whom is he doing so? When giving the sign of his presence, Jesus said that he would use “the faithful and discreet slave” to give “food at the proper time” to his domestics. (Read Matthew 24:45-47.) That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel."

So if the information is wrong, who is responsible? Are we to conclude that Jesus is a liar and a cheat who was just winding-up his people ? "Never may that happen!" as Paul might say.

if the mistake is not to be laid at Jesus' door then the WTS themselves are deluded into thinking that they speak for Christ, when it is just their own writings. You cannot have it both ways , unless you subscribe to the Orwellian concept of "doublethink " and that was supposed to be the tool of an evil regime ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit