Please restart 2013

by akafreelife 25 Replies latest jw friends

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

Good song. I was listening to some Breaking Benjamin earlier and that was what sparked my messaging back and forth with her. They have a song called evil angel and every time i hear it i think of her.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Definitely can relate to your frustrations as I need a reboot on 2013 also but for different reasons. I like to think that I am getting all the yucky crap out of the way so the rest of the year is smooth sailing and fantastic....rock bottom means you can only be upwardly mobile. Anyway, hope things start to look brighter and I think the advice to fake it til you make it is spot on.

• MsD
    MsD

Your definitely not alone. There are plenty of people going through the same or even worse. That's what I always think when I'm having a shitty day.

Trust me, 2012 wasn't a picnic but I got through it and well 2013 hasn't gotten off on the right foot either for me. Still I try to stay positive and look on the bright side. If I've learned anything it's that being negative will only make things go further down hill.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The year 2013, like all previous and future years, has a worm. It is called joke-hova (Jehovah, for those of you who still worship that thing). This worm will simply reboot if you try and restart the year. Even if you try to remove the worm, it cannot be removed. A clean install of the OS will get you up and running, but joke-hova will simply install itself on the new clean copy before you even get it running.

Only when joke-hova and all the filthy angels are permanently bound can we hope for a clean reboot of anything.

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I hope you don't mind this, seeing as we don't know each other. But I would like to send you a BIIIIIG HUG . I really hope things get better for you soon akafreelife x

• SophieG
    SophieG

First AKA: Let me tell you this: It’s called LIFE. Sometimes it seems like a lot of crazy unfair stuff happens all at the same time and you do wonder what on earth is going on. But then don’t forget the times when you are in a happy state and things are just going awesome. I think the “universe” just turns and sometimes we get these jacked up moments, but in reality it’s also a moment to be grateful for all the awesome stuff we do have. You can fall in love again, your car will be fixed, and YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I don’t mean to sound like Lil Miss Positivity… I do believe in mini pity parties and then moving on.

Look at all the responses you have gotten…that should make you smile. So happy belated birthday and {{{HUGS}}}. It’s YOUR life, make it ROCK!

Aka…I apologize if I am hijacking your thread….

…but you me and Tater are living the same love-lost life!!!

Met the love of my life 25 years ago, kept crossing paths over the years, watched as ALL the obstacles were removed so we could be together, watched as the “universe” put us within walking distance of each other (he works in the same building I do)…spent a year trying to pick up where we left off…after all these years of trying to get at me when he could not, this man starts to blow hot/cold. I love this man from the bottom of my heart and he feels like THE ONE. You would have thought that when I was finally free he would be running me over. I gave this situation one year and from the beginning I knew if it did not work out, at the end, I knew I would walk away. Well I had to….AND HE LET ME! It was the hardest thing and still is, but I know that walking away is what I am supposed to do, because staying is NOT GOOD. Will it make him stop, think and come? I don’t know but I do believe that if I don’t keep moving forward I may miss something really wonderful if I wait around for him. *cue George Michael’s: FAITH* LOL!

As much as you love them, you have to remember that something is preventing it from happening, for it to fall into place. If you keep revisiting it, it will always hurt. I keep a journal and when I want to go off on him for what he did, I just write it down. That prevents me from sending a text, that he won’t respond to, which will send me spiraling into an emotional meltdown. I have cried enough tears, the last on January 1 st . NO MORE!

Sometimes love like that is all about timing OR it’s all about letting go so something you really need can come in.

I am sending both you guys lots of love and hopes for true love to come into your lives! Sophie

• ndmom73
    ndmom73

Usually January sucks. I plan for it and expect it. The weather is cold (bitterly cold here in North Dakota), people are crabby after spending too much money at Christmas and having to be in close proximity to family members they don't really even like, summer is too far away to be of any comfort and the most annoying holiday with it's glittery and hard to miss red hearts and annoying candy messages is right around the corner.

Anyway, the point of this is that as you muddle through January, know that you are not alone. As others said above, you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it your reluctant steps just might turn into a full on sprint. You never know what fun, exciting adventure is waiting for you just around the corner. :)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Your definitely not alone. There are plenty of people going through the same or even worse. That's what I always think when I'm having a shitty day.

Personally, I try to find that friend (or not) who is going thru worse and give them a helping hand, or at least an encouraging call. Realizing there are those (and there are lots) who have things less fortunate than we do, gives us a better perspective overall, and it will give a feel good that a little assistance or cheer was added in someone else's life. Volunteer at a food pantry or visit a friend on Hospice. Give a couple bucks to the handhandler on the corner.

There really is something to that "more joy in giving" thing.

Doc

• jgnat
    jgnat

I know a couple who made money on their car, it got hit so many times!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's wishing a new fallen angel for you this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDlGnKul6KE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit